So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

Anecdotally, I’ve heard of this occurring in the pre-Trump era as well. It’s possible that somebody with an arrest warrant was on that plane, and police were alerted after the plane departed.

This was already absolutely my plan, as soon as the boom in chickenshit thuggery hit when the man who is ostensibly president took office.

That depends on where you are going. Its’ very like not to work in some parts of the world. I’d used my laptop and Skype over the phone… or buy a phone there in some cases. Yes, I realize a lot of phones are tablets/computers too.

On the domestic flight thing at JFK.

Honestly… the truth isn’t really any better. Good job TSA. Maybe they thanked them after the fact for not blowing up the plane since they totally could have and TSA would’ve been unable to do anything about it if they had wanted to.

I still think we could pretty much demolish the TSA tomorrow, lose nothing of value, and have no real consequences other than the restoration of our national dignity.

You could achieve everything the TSA achieves, with a sign that says, “You are being monitored.” and making you walk through a glass hallway that looks like the scanner from Total Recall. It wouldn’t have to do anything at all. Just pretend it’s doing something.

Our nation’s McDonald’s would have their doddering elderly, desperate to supplement their minuscule Social Security checks and working part time, replaced by scary, beefy white dudes with god complexes and a lot of racial anger. Not a great trade, IMO.

I’d much rather have those fucks working at McyD’s than a government agency with the power to legally grope your balls because they feel like it.

Add 1 more data point.
My partner was invited for a work function and I had the oppertunity to go with but declined, mostly becasue of all this crap going on.
I’m not afraid of being picked out, I just don’t want to support that kind of system in any way.

And the state with the second largest number of international tourists is … the elusive grail of Florida.

No one should come here in the Summer anyways. It’s 79F outside right now. May-September really is absolutely dreadful. November - February is great stuff.

Context/evidence:

I went to Gainesville in the summer once. Do not recommend.

I mean, of course he did.

Ah. Now the marijuana crackdown makes more sense.

Villains.

Gotta have more prisons to hold all the poor people of color who will be arrested for legally buying recreational marijuana

According to Spicer, Trump will respect Congress’ intentions regarding medical marijuana, but will reverse Obama’s laissez-faire approach to recreational cannabis. That, presumably, will involve sending federal agents to arrest, detain, and prosecute growers, dispensers, and users of recreational marijuana who are complying with state law. Spicer justified this “greater enforcement” by stating: “When you see something like the opioid addiction crisis blossoming in so many states around this country, the last thing we should be doing is encouraging people” to use marijuana.

Spicer’s comments are noteworthy for two reasons, aside from the threat of a looming crackdown on recreational cannabis. First, in the same press conference, Spicer reiterated the reason Trump rescinded Obama-era protections for transgender students: He believes “it’s a states’ rights issue. If a state wants to pass a law … that’s their right.” That builds on his Tuesday comment that “the president has maintained for a long time that this is a states’ rights issue and not one for the federal government.”

If transgender protections are a states’ rights issue, why isn’t marijuana? Yes, there is a federal law outlawing marijuana, but there is also a federal law (Title IX) forbidding sex discrimination in education, which multiple courts have interpreted to include gender identity-based discrimination. Why should the Trump administration respect states’ rights to strip gender identity from Title IX, but not to create and enforce their own marijuana laws? And might the answer have something to do with Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who once said that he thought the KKK was “OK until I found out they smoked pot”?

Second, Spicer’s comparison of marijuana to the opioid crisis is deeply misguided and strange. Marijuana is nothing like opiates; in fact, it could actually help solve the opioid crisis. Multiple studies show that medical cannabis use is associated with decreased opiate medication, and that opioid deaths drop 16 percent after states legalize medical marijuana dispensaries. Patients eager to avoid opiates, or hoping to wean themselves off opioid medication, increasingly turn to medical marijuana where it is legal.

Caitlyn Jenner is a huge goddamn idiot.

Yeah, if you want to stop opiate abuse, the first thing to do is push for nationwide medical marijuana, which would cut into the prescription use of opiates and in turn cut down on the availability of opiates as objects of theft and abuse. But no, big pharma is pretty adamant on making as much money off of human suffering as it possibly can, and continues to push things like oxy as a cure-all, when as useful as they are in very specific cases, they are largely very dangerous and ultimately unsatisfactory long-term pain management tools. Going after recreational marijuana when legal in a state seems mostly driven by the insane cultural nightmare the right has about weed, which apparently they still see as the harbinger of the counter-culture apocalypse, but I suspect they realize as well that recreational use states mean weed is available cheaper for people who need it medically but don’t want to hassle (or don’t have to hassle) with registries and the like. So yeah, this is all about lining the pockets of companies that quite honestly could not give a fuck about human suffering or medical care, but only exist to turn that suffering into stock dividends.