So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

But Mr. Bharara indicated on Sunday evening in a statement to The New York Times that he was skeptical of the White House account, although he did not offer an alternative explanation for the president’s call.

The call, placed on Thursday to the office of Mr. Bharara, the top federal prosecutor in Manhattan, by a personal assistant to the president, concerned Mr. Bharara because it seemed to be at odds with ethics protocols restricting communications between the White House and prosecutors. Mr. Bharara declined to return the call. But the White House said there was nothing untoward about it.

“The president reached out to Preet Bharara on Thursday to thank him for his service and to wish him good luck,” Sarah Huckabee Sanders, a White House spokeswoman, said in an email.

That account left many questions about the firing of Mr. Bharara, who was told by Mr. Trump during the transition period that he would be retained. Some Democrats accused Mr. Trump on Sunday of seeking to deter aggressive federal investigations on Wall Street and elsewhere.

Wow, when you said Oxy I assumed you meant just plain oxycodone, which is generic as generic can be, but it turns out the American medical industry is insane.

Taking out commercials on Fox and Friends to communicate with Trump is both hilarious and sad.

Basically, this is it for America, folks. There’s no point in trying to reason with the unreasonable. You could hold the typical Trump-supporter down, and subject them to what’s really going on, Clockwork Orange-style, and said supporter would continue to mulishly double-down on their ignorance and xenophobia. You can endlessly scream about how everything they’ve voted for works directly against their self-interests, and they’ll just call you a “libtard”, or a “snowflake”. They’ll be the ones lying in their stained, tattered Lay-Z-Boys in their stained, trattered trailers, too sick to doanything but watch Fox News because the ACA was transformed by greedy, racist, cynical republicans from a so-so universal health care plan to another tax break for the rich.

We’re at the point where us history/WWII buffs read a story about some Jewish person in Germany in 1934, and we ask ourselves why in the hell didn’t that Jewish person and his/her family just migrate somewhere else? I wonder if somebody is going to read about me and my ilk in 2130 and wonder why in the hell I didn’t migrate somewhere else? I mean, it would have saved me a lot of hassle, and I wouldn’t have been here when China rolled in and flattened us before my country could do any more damage.

http://imgur.com/jEj6mY7

We need a name for those people… Hmmm… “Deplorables”?

Nah

Cliff Yablonksi, prophet unheeded. South Appleton has had its revenge.

That’s what we in the anti-corruption industry call a bribe

Thank you for restoring my faith in the 98th Rule of Acquisition: Every man has his price.

Oh god, this is a thing.

Came here to post the Kushner story. Good to see QT3 is still timely.

It seems to me that the consultants are going to the wrong way., In the past US citizen consulted with Russia and Chinese regimes, on various business, economic, and sometimes political things.

Sadly, America is way behind both Russia and the Chinese in running a kleptocracy. I foresee a string of Russian and Chinese consultant coming to America on keeping the press from finding out about cozy deals.

60 Minutes had a good piece on the poisoning of Vladimir Kara-Murza. It seems that Russian have perfected the art of poisoning people with things which are nearly impossible to treat or detect. I’m sure the White House could use their helping in getting rid of members of the opposition party (aka the press).

A lesson for Paul Ryan: No matter how much you suck up and toady to Trump, Breitbart will never be your friend.

Man, I am not clicking a link to brietbart.

It’s like dipping your hand into lava to look for a dropped penny.

But with the added bonus that burning the flesh off of your hand generates a profit for Hitler.

This is the best thing we’ve had in P&R in months. Well done, sir.

“When you surf Breitbart without an ad-blocker, you surf with hitler.”

Agreed, all around! Don’t be Gollum. Use an adblocker/Frodo