So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

I don’t think we’ve talked about this:

I unabashedly love Snoop, so no huge surprise that I dig this, but it’s pretty great.

“I feel like it’s a lot of people making cool records, having fun, partying, but nobody’s dealing with the real issue with this fucking clown as president, and the shit that we dealing with out here,” Snoop told Billboard. “So I wanted to take time out to push pause on a party record and make one of these records for the time being.”

My man.

https://twitter.com/theonlyadult/status/844673545850568704

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/844719875369132032

Former Gov. Rick Perry, now the U.S. energy secretary, is questioning the legitimacy of the election that gave his alma mater its first openly gay student body president.

In a Houston Chronicle op-ed published Wednesday that caught university officials by surprise, Perry said the administration at Texas A&M University owes students answers about Bobby Brooks’ victory, which came after the top vote-getter, Robert McIntosh, was disqualified amid accusations of voter intimidation and failure to report a campaign expense. The A&M student government’s Judicial Court later cleared McIntosh of the former charge but upheld the latter, according to the student newspaper, The Battalion.

“If anything is worthy of oversight, these events should qualify,” Perry wrote. “Incredibly, it appears that the Board of Regents was never informed.”

This motherfucker here…

The only thing worse than Longhorns are Aggies. Longhorns are (mostly successful) assholes, but Aggies are a state-sponsored cult.

I missed this whole controversy.

I don’t think it’s a great colour for him, just aesthetically. I think it might highlight his grey hairs somehow?

I bet his tie isn’t held together with tape though.

I can’t even.

I guess we all had that friend that used big words they didn’t really understand incorrectly.

Hey bubba, you want a word that looks smart that means what you intended? The word you were looking for is apotheosis, not antithesis. How about reading a book, unlike your dim bulb idol of a president.

Maybe he meant “anti-thesis”. You know, like “against thesis”. Yeah, I got nothing.

This is interesting, if not unexpected:

Let me guess – they are hateful douchebags who are really being ‘ironic’ and think snowflakes need to chill out.

In mathematical terms, apparently so. Neatly presented with the correlation data that fivethirtyeight always brings.

Basically when you remove general political commenters from The Donald you get coontown, RedPill, and fatpeoplehate. So, yes, literally mathematically the worst people on earth.

Best image in the article, showing the closest correlation subreddits per highly followed nominees during the election:

Cool, we didn’t want that anyway.

It’s depressing just how anti GOP the books thread is. Expected, sure, bud sad regardless.

As Armando says, half the US electorate is just fucking stupid.

As a self-loathing fat guy, I always felt like FPH got a bum rap being lumped in with the outright racist/sexist stuff. Sure, it wound up populated by exactly the same kinda people, but at least that one targeted a trait people had direct control over?

Or maybe I just liked seeing it in /r/all occasionally as a really painful, unpleasant, rude reminder that I should hate myself for continuing to gain weight. Well, for certain values of “liked.”

I eagerly anticipate the day when a spate of political extremist action is attributed to the nascent philosophy of Armandism.

All of the subreddits have occasional good and bad posts. I think it was telling though that more people in The_Donald posted actively in the hate based groups.

Oh, absolutely, yeah. And don’t get me wrong, FPH wound up becoming more or less exclusively a harassment subreddit rather than a meanspirited humor subreddit. I also recognize there’s a pretty fine line between the two concepts, anyway.

But the idea that The_Donald posters hang around the absolute most cancerous parts of the internet all day long? SHOCK AND AMAZEMENT

Apparently Republicans are getting the hang of one-party rule in certain states. Time to break out some class warfare!

See also Kentucky under Bevin n crew (they earn a brief namedrop near the start of the article) and, until recently, NC under One-Term-Pat. The amount they got done in that one term is gonna leave some lasting scars, and realistically, the legislature has scrabbled together enough power to render the new Democratic governor largely meaningless, anyway. . . yeah, the agenda is proceeding apace as planned, whether or not federal-level Republicans can get their shit together.