So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

Do we remember what happened to Cersei in Game of Thrones?

She blew up the church and won bigly!

Drink an entire jar of salsa? Why?

I love salsa, but that’s a bit much for me.

Hey, who want’s to have some fun and swap out his salsa with some of this?

No need for all that, it’s far, far easier. Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption - Wikipedia

Have you seen the rest of Huckabee’s twitter feed? If he was hacked, it was a long, long time ago.

He’s posted a normal tweet since that one. Not hacked. He’s just like that.

You must not be familiar with his Twitter account. This is bog standard and actually fairly tame for him.

I like that he posted it in the wee hours of the morning. Gotta squeeze it out before it’s time to get back to the coffin.

Does Huckabee consider that humor? Is that a joke in his world maybe? A bad joke?

To him, likely an hilarious joke.

Did he really post that at 4:52 am? That’s either really early or really late. If early, he must have rolled out of bed and posted that before he did anything else. If late, then he must have been up drinking. Drunk people are convinced they are hilarious.

the Speedy Gonzalez is the cheapest meal on the menu at most Mexican places here.

He does. It is. To him it’s pure gold and everyone who doesn’t agree is a liberal snowflake.

Politico: Trump suggests financing program for historically black colleges may be unconstitutional

In a signing statement on the $1.1 trillion omnibus government spending bill, Trump singled out the Historically Black College and University Capital Financing Program as an example of provisions in the funding bill “that allocate benefits on the basis of race, ethnicity, and gender.”

Trump said his administration would treat those programs “in a manner consistent with the requirement to afford equal protection of the law under the Due Process Clause of the Constitution’s Fifth Amendment.”’

Just relax and imagine Larry “Bud” Melman saying it.

Just in case you were thinking, “Well, at least we can take comfort in the fact they’re getting rid of Gorka” - no, they’re not. His bacon was saved (according to the Daily Beast, anyway) by Bannon, another staffer who was allegedly on the way out but is still firmly in place with same title, same security clearance, etc. etc.

And Cernovich threatened to spill a bunch of info if Bannon was ousted. Is that why Bannon still there? Dunno.

Something else related to that signing order mentioned in the Politico article I linked a few posts up:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/05/05/statement-president-donald-j-trump-signing-hr-244-law

Division B, section 537 provides that the Department of Justice may not use any funds to prevent implementation of medical marijuana laws by various States and territories. I will treat this provision consistently with my constitutional responsibility to take care that the laws be faithfully executed.

Edit: Translation: “Screw Congress, it’s my constitutional duty to raid (probably recreational) dispensaries.” (cross-posted in the MJ thread).

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa-saudi-arms-idUKKBN18124I

Washington is working to push through contracts for tens of billions of dollars in arms sales to Saudi Arabia, some new, others in the pipeline, ahead of U.S. President Donald Trump’s trip to the kingdom this month, people familiar with the talks told Reuters this week.

Saudi Arabia is Trump’s first stop on his maiden international trip, a sign of his intent to reinforce ties with a top regional ally.

[…]

The sources spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the negotiations, which also include previously reported contracts or items under discussion for years. One such deal, an $11.5 billion package of four multi-mission surface combatant ships and accompanying services and spares, was approved by the State Department in 2015. Talks followed to hammer out capabilities, configuration and design for the complex warships but the deal has never gone to final contract.

[…]

One of the people with knowledge of the sales said that as planning for Trump’s trip to Saudi Arabia intensified in recent weeks, the arms negotiations also accelerated.

Two U.S. officials said a U.S.-Saudi working group met at the White House Monday and Tuesday to negotiate the trip, as well as financing for military equipment sales and stopping terrorist financing.

Edit: So I guess we really are all living exposition in a Bethesda game:

Versions of the ship used by the U.S. Navy, the Littoral Combat Ship, are built by Bethesda, Maryland-based weapons maker Lockheed Martin and Australia’s Austal Ltd. If a deal goes through, it would be the first sale of a new small surface warship to a foreign power in decades.