So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

Quick, everyone, get on the private prison gravy train!

http://markets.money.cnn.com/cgi-bin/upload.dll/file.png?z6a8f7c0az323f87cc92904b78a9ecd47e70cc402a

I believe it was actually shown that the private prison industry made massive donations to Trump’s campaign.

You would be correct, sir.

Nothing says “Freedom” like incarceration for profit. U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

The perverse incentives there are myriad. This crowd is a freaking nightmare.

So now the police can bust you for a bag of weed, confiscate your car for their local department, and send you to a for-profit prison. Gee, nothing can possibly go wrong here.

Or as some groups of people and communities know it, business as usual.

And the judge can own a share of the prison.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/05/11/one-gop-lawmakers-plan-to-save-money-turning-non-english-speaking-kids-over-to-ice/

Some lawmakers have proposed firing nonessential college employees. Others want to drop a film tax credit, saving the state as much as $5 million.

Republican Rep. Mike Ritze told CBS affiliate KWTV that he has another proposal in mind: Rounding up the state’s 82,000 non-English-speaking students and handing them over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

“Identify them and then turn them over to ICE to see if they truly are citizens — and do we really have to educate noncitizens?” Ritze asked.

[quote]In many ways anti-anti-Trumpism mirrors Donald Trump himself, because at its core there are no fixed values, no respect for constitutional government or ideas of personal character, only a free-floating nihilism cloaked in insult, mockery and bombast.

Needless to say, this is not a form of conservatism that Edmund Burke, or even Barry Goldwater, would have recognized.[/quote]

A poll a while back showed that political combat, not principles, is what lies at the root of their motivation.

They just need to feel like their team is winning. It’s purely a sport at this point, and since they are disconnected from reality to the extent that they can’t connect cause and effect, there’s nothing to change their course.

They vote one way, their team wins, and things get worse… in their mind, that last point is totally connected from the first two.

Holder fails to take into account how wonderful this change is for the shareholders and employees of CoreCivic and Geo Group!

/s

Joe had various things along these lines today.

He pretty well nails it.

They pretty much admitted it was for money.

Meaning no disrespect, but what is the purpose of this post? Is it suppose to be funny? I’m missing something obvious methinks!

That’s the official GOP social media person taking time to defend POTUS’s terrible dinner manners while at the same time reinforcing the powerful “I got mine!” metaphor once again.

Edit: Er, was that the question?

Current US presidential line of succession according to Wikipedia: Pence, Ryan, Hatch, Tillerson, Mnuchin, Mattis, Sessions, Zinke, Perdue, Ross, Acosta, Price, Carson, Chao*, Perry, DeVos, Shulkin, Kelly.
*not eligible, must be must be a natural-born U.S. citizen