So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

Wow. Patriothole is simultaneously making my sides hurt and my eyes bleed. Can’t wait until the first time FOX, Alex Jones or even a Trump proxy quotes directly from a Patriothole article. I give it 48 hours, tops.

I… fuck you’re right, and we all know it.

I dare someone here to tweet a link to Patriothole to the Commander in Chump. I bet he’d take the bait.

It’ll become truth in their own artificial reality, though. That’s what makes that kind of satire a little harder for me to laugh at these days.

Time to kill some babies… federally.

Oooo, Rick Wilson, catty.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/05/18/if-you-work-for-trump-its-time-to-quit/?utm_term=.72dfa2b9ad7c

You learned quickly that your job isn’t actually to serve the nation, manage your agency or fulfill the role you ostensibly play according to the White House org chart. In reality, you spend most of your time fluffing Trump’s ego. Either that or you’re making excuses for not being a more aggressive suck-up. If you’ve been ordained to appear on television as an administration surrogate, you know by now that your task isn’t to advocate for your agency or issue, but to lavish the president with praise.

Now, you see the daily train wreck; you see a White House in turmoil and a president drawing an ever-tighter circle of family and corporate vassals around himself. You worry that the scandals and legal troubles, that have been rumbling on the horizon like a summer thunderstorm, are drawing nearer. You should worry.

Every day you get up, slide into the seat of your Prius or Tahoe (and if you’re senior enough, exchange a few polite words with your driver) and start checking Twitter. Whatever it is that you’re feeling, it doesn’t feel anything like Morning in America. It feels like some faraway kleptocracy where the center hasn’t held, the airfield and radio station have fallen to the rebels, and the Maximum Leader is holed up in his secret bunker waiting for the other shoe to drop.

It’s been bugging me since I read that report about Trump only reading reports if his name is in it, what does that remind me of? Finally came to me:

He also reminds me of the Dog from Pink Floyd’s Dogs.

Along those lines

“You got to be trusted / by the people that you lie to”

In other words, treat him like a five year old: “Donny, you are a good boy. You are the best boy. You’re better than Barry and that nasty girl Hillary.” He’s such an embarrassment.

When I was in Italy in March I thought about renting a bike in Rome (I didn’t) so I emailed a bike rental place and they replied and told me to come in, so they knew I didn’t speak Italian but spoke English. It was close to where we were staying so I walked over, and as soon as I said something the woman I was talking to started to scowl. I asked her what was wrong and she said she thought I was British. I just sighed and told her, look, I didn’t vote for him. Then she smiled.

Bad manners on her part, granted, but Trump isn’t doing us any good in the world. I read recently that there was a French poll and 82% of respondents disliked Trump.

Make Saudi Arabian Get Better Shit Cheaper Again

Not sure where this goes … in addition to adorning himself with pretend medals, Sherri Clarke has a penchant for plagiarism.

Is funny that the type of people that have the opinion “Copying other people work is Thief” don’t consider themselves thieves when plagiarize other people work.

I guest one rule for other people, a different one for themselves.

While I dislike the guy, that just sounds like laziness or a lack of understanding of academic good practices. If he footnoted it (especially if it is pincite), he’s not trying to hide anything.

Yes, sheriff Clarke is a total dirt bag, but this seems like a silly thing to criticize him for. Academic failure to properly annotate sources is not a real problem.

At least, not for a guy who fucking literally murders prisoners in his jail.

I disagree with it not being a real problem. Academic dishonesty or outright laziness kind of shows character flaws pretty clearly.

So when they turn their back on you, you’ll get the chance to put the knife in

If you were caught doing that at most universities, you would be expelled without warning and not receive your degree. His should be revoked. If that contributes to him not being appointed to DHS, I’m all for it. It likely could destroy his career.

I’d like to think he wouldn’t be appointed to DHS because he is an insane, murdering sociopath with no regard for the rule of law.

But I’m old-fashioned.

So was Al Capone - but what they finally convicted him for was improperly formatting the citations in his bank robbery notes.