So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

It’s moments like this that I think “that’s enough real world for today”.

That’s just a New York conversation.

I YGGed that.

So they were just trying to put out the flames and save the guy. Honestly he should be thankful it was the cops, the Jersey fire department probably would have just used their axes to hack off whichever of his limbs were on fire.

Yeah that’s a bullshit spin. I’ve never seen any human trying to kick someone like that to put out a fire.

I reach that threshold every day about 7:30 AM when I go to the Washington Post website and see the words “President Trump.”

Man, I really hate to be in a position to even halfway defend these guys, because from what I saw in the video it looked like they were kicking him to cause harm rather than (solely) to put out the fire.

But just to play devil’s advocate here: The guy was still on fire – he had open flames on his pants and shirt when the cops got there. From their (mistaken) point of view, he is a guy that just fled from them at high speed and wrecked his car… so suspecting him of having a knife or gun or simply still being violent is probably reasonable. So expecting the cops to bend over and put themselves and their sidearms within easy reach of the guy might be a bit much.

Moreover, I don’t think it’s much of a stretch to say that they were probably not wearing gloves. No idea if they had jackets they could have used. I’d like to think that I’d try and pat out a burning person’s clothes with my bare hands, but… I dunno, especially if the fire was caused by gasoline that could spread to my bare flesh.

Kicking someone to put out a fire? It sounds dumb on it’s face, but given the above, maybe it was just the logical choice and the only viable alternative to just letting him burn? From the video, there are a couple blows in there that look like full-fledged kicks - like bone-breaking stuff - but the initial cop also seems to be running the bottom of his foot across the guy in what looks like an effort to smother the flames.

I guess I’d like to hear from the victim in this case; I hope we get to.

Eh, honestly, watching it, it could be innocent, but I dunno from that clip.

In terms of the dragging, it looks like they’re trying to pull him away from the vehicle, which is the correct thing to do given it could explode(more).

The second part yes, but that’s after he kind of jolts against the ground. I mean if you are on fire are you expecting someone to walk up and kick you? It looks like that back guy kicks him so hard he kind of bounces off the sidewalk. Like at the 20 second mark he walks up to the front of him, kicks him and the guy falls forward.Unless he has fire on his chest you can’t see… he’s making sure he winds up flat on the ground.

Imagine that two years ago, you sequestered a jury of 12 Americans, kept them in a news-free zone, and brought them today to hear former FBI Director James Comey testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee. Chances are that all of them—no matter what their political beliefs—would be stunned and outraged.

From the perspective of one of these Americans, Comey dropped bombshell after bombshell: The Russians are mucking around in American democratic elections, trying to change how we think, how we act, how we vote—and they will be back. The attorney general cannot be trusted to ensure impartial enforcement of the law. The president fired the FBI director and then lied about why he did it. Yet by the time Comey said these things in an open hearing, all of it was old news. It should have been more shocking than it was, but on some level, Americans were used to it.

Maybe they where tryiing to put off the fires?

theres a tecnique for that:

I do recall reading somewhere that Master of Chi Magic Punch Fire was part of the standard New Jersey police training regimen!

Good one, Bro!

[quote]
Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) insisted on Thursday that Republicans wouldn’t be calling for the impeachment of a Democratic president accused of the same actions as President Trump.

As fired FBI Director James Comey was before a Senate committee, accusing the president of trying to influence a criminal investigation, Ryan dismissed the notion from a reporter at his weekly Capitol press conference that Republicans would be suggesting impeachment at this point.

“No. I don’t think we would, actually. I don’t think that’s at all the case,” Ryan said.[/quote]

Bonus!

Party before country and Constitution, of course!

This is actually happening.

This whole thing warrants a separate thread.

Looks like the only swamp being drained in DC is the reflecting pool.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/06/09/532292513/park-service-to-drain-lincoln-memorial-reflecting-pool-after-80-ducks-die

That should please congressman Mark Walker. Fewer ducklings sponging off the government!

This guy (Posobiec, who by the way is an enormous idiot) has Oval Office access, runs something called “Gotnews.” trump reads it.

A Pro-Trump Conspiracy Theorist, a False Tweet and a Runaway Story

A pro-Trump activist notorious for his amateur sleuthing into red herrings like the “Pizzagate” hoax and a conspiracy theory involving the murder of a Democratic aide, Mr. Posobiec wrote on May 17 that Mr. Comey, the recently ousted F.B.I. director, had “said under oath that Trump did not ask him to halt any investigation.”

Just 14 words from Mr. Posobiec’s Twitter account would spread far enough to provide grist for a prime-time Fox News commentary and a Rush Limbaugh monologue that reached millions of listeners, forging an alternative first draft of history in corners of the conservative media where President Trump’s troubles are often explained away as fabrications by his journalist enemies.