So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

https://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/rand-paul-second-amendment.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-entertainment-news-updates-june-delta-trump-julius-caesar-kingsman-killed-obama-1497299390-htmlstory.html

And where was Donnie Jr?

Usually the prime minister’s address is off the record, but Oakes - who did not attend the dinner and does not believe reporting should be banned at events hosted by journalists - is making it public.

In leaked audio, Mr Turnbull is heard making fun of his meeting with the president in New York last month.

“It was beautiful. It was the most beautiful putting-me-at-ease ever,” he jokes.

He even does a Donald Trump impersonation.

“The Donald and I, we are winning and winning in the polls. We are winning so much, we are winning, we are winning like we have never won before,” he says.

asdf

A federal judge ruled that the federal permits authorizing the pipeline to cross the Missouri River just upstream of the Standing Rock reservation, which were hastily issued by the Trump administration just days after the inauguration, violated the law in certain critical respects.

In a 91-page decision, Judge James Boasberg wrote, “the Court agrees that [the Corps] did not adequately consider the impacts of an oil spill on fishing rights, hunting rights, or environmental justice, or the degree to which the pipeline’s effects are likely to be highly controversial.” The Court did not determine whether pipeline operations should be shut off and has requested additional briefing on the subject and a status conference next week.

Remember how after the inauguration Republicans suddenly thought that everything had become sunshine and roses in America?

Not any more. According to Gallup, Republicans’ satisfaction with the direction the US is heading has dropped 17 points. In the last month.

Edit: Don’t click on that link in Rick’s post. You have been warned.

Bizarre release by DoJ.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/uw-professor-got-it-right-on-trump-so-why-is-he-being-ignored/

What’s different about the Voter Study Group is that it tracks the attitudes and votes of the same 8,000 adults since before the 2012 election, and then throughout the 2016 election. So it’s like the nation’s largest, longest political focus group.

The story we’ve told ourselves — that working-class whites flocked to Trump due to job worries or free trade or economic populism — is basically wrong, the research papers released this week suggest.

They did flock to Trump. But the reason they did so in enough numbers for Trump to win wasn’t anxiety about the economy. It was anxiety about Mexicans, Muslims and blacks.

White genocide.

I like how Discourse auto-embedded the confederate furry you told us not to click on.

It’s just adding a little empathy to our cold existences.

I assumed the link went to something worse than the confederate furry.

Also, dude, confederate furry is not the preferred nomenclature. Confurvative, please.

I’m tired of earth.

Ok, that’s fantastic.

I now feel like a worse person for having seen it, but funny regardless.

I see the potential for a new Ratchet-and-Clank style franchise. Could be huge in… certain states.

Covfefe?

So, what’s the deal with Cuba now?

[quote]
The new policy will ban most U.S. business transactions with the Armed Forces Business Enterprises Group, a Cuban conglomerate involved in all sectors of the economy, but make some exceptions, including for air and sea travel, according to U.S. officials and a draft presidential directive seen by Reuters. This will essentially shield U.S. airlines and cruise lines serving the island.

However, Trump will stop short of closing embassies or breaking diplomatic relations restored in 2015 after more than five decades of hostilities. He will not cut off recently resumed direct U.S.-Cuba commercial flights, though his more restrictive policy seems certain to dampen new economic ties.[/quote]

Also, ending free and open tourist travel to Cuba. We’re going back to the policy of needing to be part of an organized group to go.

Is there any legitimate justification for this other than, “Obama did it so it must be bad”?