So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

What’s weird is that Trump is essentially the pointy haired manager. He’s the incompetent antagonist from the comic. I wonder if Adams recognizes the similarity.

Trump, truly a man of the people fighting against the Elites and Goldman Sachs

Where “poor” means anyone not making 7 figures and “particular positions” means all positions.

https://twitter.com/th3j35t3r/status/877700103678697473

For you maybe. Scott Adams has been a dickbag for a long time.

Apparently so. But it never actually leaked (so blatantly at least) into Dilbert until now.

You say that now, but go back and look at some old Dilberts. Knowing what you know now, you’ll find all sort of icky subtext.

But we’ll always have Gary Larson.

-Tom

I wanted to be Gary Larson while growing up. I’d be crushed if he ever broke bad.

I will Bill Watterson still worked. God, I would love new Calvin and Hobbes.

So that hero that invaded that pizza-themed sex dungeon only to find that all the little princesses were in another castle (or maybe were fictional)?
He wound up getting four years in prison for aggravated douchebaggery and Class III dumbassness.

Of course, now that the coast is clear, all the Democratic pizza restaurants are free to resume their trafficking in child sex slaves. Sad!

Remember the hype back in November when Trump claimed he had “saved” 1100 jobs at a Carrier plant in Indiana from being shipped to Mexico? Well hey, guess what. 600 of those jobs are going to Mexico. And the money that the company promised to re-invest in the plant? It’s going to automation, so no new jobs in the area will be created, again contrary to Trump’s claim.

But does Carrier get to keep all of the tax subsidies it got as part of the deal? Of course they do, silly.

@Klaatu be like:

Dude, the guy hasn’t posted here in months. Seems like a piss-poor bogeyman to me.

He’s a fragile bogeyman. Anytime someone posts a gif or a pic in the everything else forum that’s remotely anti Trump or anti conservative in general he fires back with something to put the libtards in their place. Truly don’t understand why guys like him hang in a place like this. Surely Brietbart must have a gaming forum for people like him.

I may disagree strongly with him, but I don’t want to see “guys like him” not want to hang out “in a place like this”. I think we do a pretty good job of keeping P&R in a silo and let the Games forum be the Games forum. So I hope he hangs around because he finds the Games discussion interesting.

I truly believe there is plenty of room here for conservative points of view. Most people here are respectful of others opinions and happy to engage in conversation about issues. However, the opinion has to be worth respecting, and there is no rational defense of a monster like Trump.

I’d be interested in hearing a reasoned defense of Trump. Not terribly interested in “buh buh buh libtards.”

Honestly, while it was kind of a dig, I actually would LIKE @Klaatu to participate in conversations here, since as far as I know, only @olaf and he supported Trump. Most of our (few) conservative members didn’t, so there isn’t much representation of the pro-Trump view.

I want to have an actual rational argument about that stuff, and since they’re on this forum, I feel like they may be able to hold a mature discussion on the topic. Olaf at least has always been pretty reasonable in general.

Now, holding that minority view means that such participation would potentially be difficult, or stressful. Those positions are going to be attacked, by tons of folks. I’ve been on the minority side of the argument in this forum more often than not, but I actually enjoy it, and feel like it makes me better. Learning that I’m wrong makes me less wrong, and learning that I’m right reinforces my beliefs and hones my ability to defend them.

I can offer that I’ll try not to immediately dive into personal attacks, but a lot of these topics are somewhat charged, emotionally… but overall, I would welcome participants from the other side of the fence.

My older brother, whom I constitutionally cannot other than respect, shocked me by saying he had voted for Trump. It was in a blue state and didn’t really matter. He’s one of those guys whose political allegiances are hard to pin down and who doesn’t self-affiliate with any party. He’s college-educated, non-religious, not particularly fond of the U.S. (grew up in Asia), would like to be an expat, etc. Major WW2 geek, did a brief National Guard stint, but not especially a fan of guns as far as I know (he used to say they should be restricted as in England).

Anyway, his primary reason for voting for Trump, he claimed, was that he thought Hillary Clinton was a hawk who stood a nonzero chance of getting us into a nuclear war.

Make of that data point what you. Heaven knows I don’t know what to make of it.

P&R is Qt3’s /B/