So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

Does this mean he’s gone for good or just being reassigned to another position?

That’s the question.

Bannon’s friends saying he’s going to/has resigned.

Symbolic gesture. It won’t make any real difference.

The NY Post needs to update that Survivor image!

Literally just now!

Bannon says he resigned August 7. But since then there are a couple of on-record statements from him insisting he’s not going anywhere. So…

Hilarious. Even while getting the boot, he’s an ass.

“You can’t fire me - I actually quit 11 days ago!”

“That’s what makes this so difficult.”

If this were true, it would actually be kinda terrifying.

It would mean that Trump would have done everything over the last ten days knowing full well that Bannon was headed out the door.

Meaning Bannon might have been a (gulp!) moderating influence, comparatively speaking.

… Which, like I said, is terrifying.

I will cling to the fact that everyone in the Trump Administration is a habitual liar for hope.

Tragikomisch would fit.

Which thread to put this? Haven’t had time to read all of it yet but the data is pretty stark. Why Trump? This study goes a long way in answering that. Bannon is a lot of things and none of them good, but he is a master of propaganda.

Partisanship, Propaganda, and Disinformation: Online Media and
the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election

https://dash.harvard.edu/bitstream/handle/1/33759251/2017-08_electionReport.pdf

Edit:

Our clearest and most significant observation is that the American political system has seen not a symmetrical polarization of the two sides of the political map, but rather the emergence of a discrete and relatively insular right-wing media ecosystem whose shape and communications practices differ sharply from the rest of the media ecosystem, ranging from the center-right to the left. Right-wing media were centered on Breitbart and Fox News, and they presented partisan-disciplined messaging, which was not the case for the traditional professional media that were the center of attention across the rest of the media sphere. The right-wing media ecosystem partly insulated its readers from nonconforming news reported elsewhere and moderated the effects of bad news for Donald Trump’s candidacy.

While we observe highly partisan and clickbait news sites on both sides of the partisan divide, especially on Facebook, on the right these sites received amplification and legitimation through an attention backbone that tied the most extreme conspiracy sites like Truthfeed, Infowars, through the likes of Gateway Pundit and Conservative Treehouse, to bridging sites like the Daily Caller and Breitbart that legitimated and normalized the paranoid style that came to typify the right-wing ecosystem in the 2016 election

Trump keeps firing people but things don’t get any better. He is too dumb to realize that he’s the problem.

Private industry is different. You get paid, and you’re there to make money. Even if the fundamental deal is Trump screwing some investors out of money all the subcontractors and builders and hired help are there with hand out and “yes sirs” and are happy to do a job. That’s not their problem.

Trump doesn’t understand government. He thinks he should have an army of “yes sirs” behind him while he shitgrins in public, makes deals that benefit only him, while always being deferred to. He doesn’t understand that government is a voluntary association. He doesn’t get that people don’t have to have paid for smiles and “yes sirs” at his beck and call. He mistakes wealth for authority, and deference for respect.

Dunno if that’s made the rounds here yet, but the President’s Arts and Humanities commission resigned en masse today.

That’s their resignation letter.

Once you see what they did…:D

it spells F U CK Y O U

Dr. Esist! ;)

Obligatory re-post of my daugther’s poster for local woman’s march…

SPGEVT is just nonsense!