So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

Hahahaha, so true.

Nah, it’s the pre-2006 folk that would be scratching their heads…

I haven’t even taken a gander at Kid Rock’s platform, so I’m assuming he’s coming out as a Trump style nationalist conservative?

I think you misspelled ‘idiot racist’

It’s the same as Trump… basically no ideological coherence at all.
Lest we forget, Kid Rock is the son of a millionaire who dropped out of highschool to sell drugs.

That is literally who he is. He is not “from the streets”. He is not blue collar.

He is just a rich imbecile.

Indeed!

So, he truly does have the same platform and agenda as Trump. Noted.

So he pulled himself up by his bootstraps?

He’s just been sitting here just wasting time:
Drinking, smoking, thinking, trying to free his mind.

Anyway…

The United States has formally notified the UN’s world heritage body Unesco that it is withdrawing its membership of the organisation, citing “continuing anti-Israel bias” and “mounting arrears”.

The US would seek to “remain engaged … as a non-member observer state in order to contribute US views, perspectives and expertise”, a state department statement added.

Unesco’s director general, Irina Bokova, said she had received formal notification of withdrawal from the US secretary of state, Rex Tillerson.

In 2011 the US cancelled its budget contribution to Unesco in protest against the admission of Palestine as a full member.

In a statement Bokova expressed her “profound regret” over the US decision. “This is not just about World Heritage,” she said, describing the withdrawal as “a loss to both the organisation and the US”.

Was just coming here to post this. WTF?

Temple Mount was declared a Muslim site with no connection to Judaism iirc

Despite um… the “Temple” bit

Yes, denying that the Temple Mount, the site of the first temple build by Solomon, is unrelated to Judaism is pretty reprehensible. I don’t fault the Trump administration for bailing on such a bullshit organization.

The TV’s in the lunch and break rooms of the IRS Service Center here show only CNN. While I wouldn’t want Fox either after 6 months of that I am unable to even consider watching anything with Don Lemon or Anderson Cooper. Six months of them with a panel talking about the same thing was enough for me. :)

It’s a fantastic organisation but it’s been coopted by Islamists.

As have many parts of the UN. The Saudis putting all men delegations on women rights initiatives and them being on human rights committees etc

Last Sunday, Joy Reid hosted a discussion between former Senator Tom Coburn, the Oklahoma Republican and Teresa Tomlinson, the mayor of Columbus, Georgia. (While in the Senate, you may recall, Coburn was reckoned to be relatively normal because he served with Jim Inhofe, who is a failed replicant prototype that howls at the moon.) At issue was the proposed constitutional convention that would be called under Article V of the Constitution, a longtime conservative dreamshot that at the moment is as close to fulfillment as it ever has been. Under Article V, which deals with amending the Constitution, a constitutional convention must be called if two-thirds of the state legislatures called for it. At the moment, 27 state legislatures have done so. That leaves the plan a mere seven states short of the 34 that would meet the Article V threshold. As it happens, there are seven state legislatures with Republican majorities out there that have yet to take up the question. You can see why I’m just a little nervous.

They didn’t actively deny the original connection to the Temple, they just ignored it.

Kind of like, I dunno, a declaration of the cultural importance of New York City that doesn’t mention the Delaware Indians or even use the original name, Lenapehoking. I mean come on, that was four hundred years ago!

So the other day there was a story that the Congress pharmacist reported he had filled prescriptions for members for many things, including Alzheimer’s. But today he changed his tune, says no ha ha, that was just a thing I said.

(Emphasis mine)

Key leaders in the established anti-LGBT and anti-Muslim movements will gather this weekend in Washington, D.C., for the annual Values Voter Summit (VVS), along with President Donald Trump and his former strategist and Breitbart executive Stephen Bannon.
[…]
A look at the 2017 speaker roster indicates just how closely aligned the anti-Muslim and anti-LGBT groups really are. At least 10 of the speakers are representatives of anti-Muslim organizations or have a well-documented history of espousing anti-Muslim rhetoric. These include figures like Brigitte Gabriel head of ACT for America, the largest anti-Muslim group in the country who has said that practicing Muslims “cannot be loyal citizens of the United States” and conspiracy theorist Frank Gaffney, head of the anti-Muslim think tank Center for Security Policy (CSP) who said of Somali refugees in 2015, “I don’t know about you, but it kind of creeps me out that they are getting jobs in the food supply of the United States.”
[…]
Three Trump advisors will also be speaking at VVS 2017: Sebastian Gorka, Steve Bannon and Walid Phares, a man who “was a high ranking political official in a sectarian religious militia responsible for massacres during Lebanon’s brutal, 15-year civil war” as revealed by Mother Jones in 2011. While these men served Trump in an official capacity either during his campaign or since he has taken office, many of the groups represented at VVS have deep connections to Trump, and have even influenced his policy decisions.

Donald Trump is to address the annual conference of an anti-LGBT group which has been classified as a hate group.

The US president will become the first sitting president to address social conservative activists and elected officials at the Value Voters Summit in Washington DC on Friday.
[…]
Richard Cohen, the president of the Southern Poverty Law Centre, condemned President Trump’s decision to address the event.

“By appearing at the Values Voter Summit, President Trump is lending the legitimacy of his office to a hate group that relentlessly demonizes LGBT people and works to deny them of their equal rights," he told The Independent.

"His appearance puts the lie to his campaign promise to be a friend to the LGBT community. Bigotry is not an American value, and our president should speak out against it.”