So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

I think filling out a ballot every two or four years and otherwise just doing the equivalent of making pouty faces and stamping your feet as a response to the government allowing a million people a year to be murdered, is simply proof you don’t really believe abortion is murder.

The sudden changes in English editions of the Bible that are popular in evangelical circles that occurred in the 70s would seem to support my theory.

I didn’t read all the responses, but doesn’t this mean the potential for more brown people? This must be horribly conflicting for all the religious assholes out there.

So when he says there are bunch of bad hombres, tell everyone Puerto Rico isn’t the USA, and tells police officers to slam gangsters into the side of a car you think he is talking to Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, and Blacks?

Where’s the voice mail of that crazy lady going off on an NFL player, I suspect after listening to that you might not guess whether or not she goes to church more than a couple of black people in it, at most.

I think I’ve identified what’s wrong with America:

Name+numbers ID + nationalist = Putinbot.

Yeah, that’s usually how it is, though she interacts with stuff, so maybe not a bot and just a paid troll or whatever.

@ArmandoPenblade have you gone to the NC State Fair this year? The GOP are handing out sticker with the elephant and also Confederate flag stickers that read underneath, “I support my Confederate heritage.” The number of random Fair goers wearing them is alarming. On the plus side, it’s easy to spot the racists.

I wish somebody were there handing out “I oppose slavery, hate racists, and love the USA” American Flag stickers.

@clay sadly not. We’ve been super busy this week finishing off some stuff and prepping for my partner’s mom’s wedding in TN this coming weekend, so I think we won’t make it out this year.

But I can’t say that I’m terribly surprised by that. :(

And why again is the GOP making it harder for people of color to vote?

There must be a reason, but I have been unable to deduce it yet…

Oh yes, that’s what I meant. What i call “Putinbots” are paid agitators/agent provocateurs working for the Russian state.

My son and I were talking the other night about how awesome it would be if an organization started handing out 35-star Union flags throughout the Midwest and South to anyone interested in one. Can you imagine people driving around with them yelling “Woooo!!! Union baby! Our Cultural Heritage kicked your Cultural Heritage’s ASS!”

There might be a legit business idea there. I’d love a sticker like that. :D

https://www.amazon.com/CafePress-Union-Rectangle-Sticker-Bumper/dp/B01M10SFUT/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508350708&sr=8-1&keywords=civil+war+union+flag+sticker

Rather they have been pressing their noses between his cheeks with great enthusiasm. They don’t think he’s repugnant and yet the best chance of getting their agenda passed. They’re beyond that. They identify with him now. He is the very exemplar of the “Christianity” they now advocate.

That’s a good way to wind up swinging from a tree.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/immigration/judge-trump-administration-cancannot-block-abortion-for-pregnant-undocumented-teen/2017/10/18/82348e08-b406-11e7-be94-fabb0f1e9ffb_story.html

A federal judge on Wednesday ordered the U.S. government to allow an undocumented teenager in its custody to have an abortion, after saying she was “astounded” the Trump administration was trying to prevent the procedure.

Lawyers for Attorney General Jeff Sessions signaled to U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan in Washington that the 17-year-old, who crossed the border from Mexico illegally last month, did not have a constitutional right to an elective abortion in federal custody, unless it was a medical emergency.

Chutkan, an Obama administration nominee, said the government appeared to be presenting the teenager identified in court papers as “Jane Doe” with two options: Voluntarily return to a nation she fled to procure an abortion, or carry an unwanted pregnancy to term.

“I am astounded by that position,” Chutkan said in a 40-minute hearing that was mostly consumed by a back-and-forth between the judge and Scott Stewart, a deputy assistant attorney general.

She ordered the government to transport the teenager to have the procedure — or allow her guardian to transport her — “promptly and without delay.”

“Chutkan!? That’s not even an American name!”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/10/18/sessions-says-he-cant-make-a-blanket-commitment-not-to-jail-journalists/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.e08e1cad41aa

KLOBUCHAR: Will you commit to not putting reporters in jail for doing their jobs?

SESSIONS: Well, I don’t know that I can make a blanket commitment to that effect. But I would say this: We have not taken any aggressive action against the media at this point. But we have matters that involve the most serious national security issues, that put our country at risk, and we will utilize the authorities that we have, legally and constitutionally, if we have to.

Maybe we — we always try to find an alternative way, as you probably know, Sen. Klobuchar, to directly confronting a media person. But that’s not a total, blanket protection.