So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

Why post something from 2016?

Not sure where this goes, so I’ll just put it here. The true(?) story of Rand Paul’s neighborhood fight.

Fonseca and her husband Mike maintain that the real reason she was arrested at her home in front of her six-year-old daughter was the decal, but she’s not letting the experience deter her from speaking her mind. Not only has she not taken the decal off her truck, she’s added another name to it: Sheriff Nehls’.

Fonseca posted an updated picture of her truck to her Facebook page Sunday night. The message now reads in full:

YEAH… FUCK TRUMP AND FUCK YOU FOR VOTING FOR HIM. FUCK TROY NEHLS AND FUCK YOU FOR VOTING FOR HIM.

New survey results from Oregon on how Oregonians feel about the economy.

http://dhmresearch.com/blog

I didn’t find anything especially shocking, but I am glad they make the information public. Hint, we don’t think it’s fair but not as unfair as the rest of the nation, on average.

I know the economy can’t be fair while housing prices keep skyrocketing like this. It’s been several years now and everyone in a position of power is still hell-bent on importing as many white hipsters from out of state as possible. It’s hard for me to even be mad at what’s going on at a national level when I’m getting screwed in such a direct and immediate way locally.

So during the election, Deplorables were gleefully sporting “Fuck Your Feelings” shirts all over the media and crowing about it.

From 2008-2016 I lost count of the number of offensive bumper stickers and window decals aimed at Obama I saw while driving around (though granted, none were as big as the decal in the story above).

But now…when it’s aimed at them, suddenly the Deplorables go all snowflake and cite hurt feelings and “disorderly conduct”.

Seems about right.

I really want that Fuck Trump decal, but can I reverse it so the “and fuck you for voting for him” is the bigger part?

The renting and housing down here is out of control too, in comparison to the local salaries. I’ve had one family member already ask if I could buy a house so they could rent it from me. I’ve owned a house for 3 years. I am still figuring out basic maintenance, and being a landlord seems like hell, especially if you know the person…

Or from the comments for the above tweet…

I know, but where are we going to get a forklift, bungee cords, and 300 pounds of mashed potatoes at this hour?

What a family of fucking dirtbags.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tillerson-childsoldiers/exclusive-state-dept-revolt-tillerson-accused-of-violating-u-s-law-on-child-soldiers-idUSKBN1DL0EA

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A group of about a dozen U.S. State Department officials have taken the unusual step of formally accusing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson of violating a federal law designed to stop foreign militaries from enlisting child soldiers, according to internal government documents reviewed by Reuters.

A confidential State Department “dissent” memo not previously reported said Tillerson breached the Child Soldiers Prevention Act when he decided in June to exclude Iraq, Myanmar, and Afghanistan from a U.S. list of offenders in the use of child soldiers. This was despite the department publicly acknowledging that children were being conscripted in those countries.[tmsnrt.rs/2jJ7pav]

Keeping the countries off the annual list makes it easier to provide them with U.S. military assistance. Iraq and Afghanistan are close allies in the fight against Islamist militants, while Myanmar is an emerging ally to offset China’s influence in Southeast Asia.

Documents reviewed by Reuters also show Tillerson’s decision was at odds with a unanimous recommendation by the heads of the State Department’s regional bureaus overseeing embassies in the Middle East and Asia, the U.S. envoy on Afghanistan and Pakistan, the department’s human rights office and its own in-house lawyers. [tmsnrt.rs/2Ah6tB4]

“Beyond contravening U.S. law, this decision risks marring the credibility of a broad range of State Department reports and analyses and has weakened one of the U.S. government’s primary diplomatic tools to deter governmental armed forces and government-supported armed groups from recruiting and using children in combat and support roles around the world,” said the July 28 memo.

Very good piece in the Atlantic. Not alone and not first, but also debunks the myth of the economically anxious white working class, or “Obama voters voting for trump can’t be racist”, as well as the dreck offered by the likes of Lilla or the beltway pundits that trump’s rise isn’t predicated on racism.

Spoiler:

It’s racism.

It was not just Trump’s supporters who were in denial about what they were voting for, but Americans across the political spectrum, who, as had been the case with those who had backed Duke, searched desperately for any alternative explanation—outsourcing, anti-Washington anger, economic anxiety—to the one staring them in the face. The frequent postelection media expeditions to Trump country to see whether the fever has broken, or whether Trump’s most ardent supporters have changed their minds, are a direct outgrowth of this mistake. These supporters will not change their minds because this is what they always wanted: a president who embodies the rage they feel toward those they hate and fear, while reassuring them that that rage is nothing to be ashamed of.

Most Trump supporters I spoke with were not people who thought of themselves as racist.

Racists rarely think they are racist. We’ve told them racism is wrong, and they can’t be wrong. We’ve also told them everyone has bias, and of course we all have bias, but racism is a whole different level than just bias. They’ll never see it as wrong because they see it as a label that’s just wrongly applied, not as actual behavior and a view of the world.

What is being reported elsewhere and in that story is additional remains were found. That makes it sound like they hadn’t recovered him at all.

“We can confirm that the Armed Forces Medical Examiner has positively identified these remains as those of Sgt. Johnson,” she said.

It was not clear if the bone fragments would be buried with Johnson, who was laid to rest on Oct. 1 at a cemetery in Hollywood, Florida. And there also was no immediate response to the grim discovery from Johnson’s pregnant widow, Myeshia Johnson.

But Rep. Frederica Wilson, D-Fla., a close family friend, said it was a shame she had to find out about it via the news.

Did Trump give her a call with the bad news?

Probably expecting a thank you for getting him home.

I’ve always thought of racism as the inability or unwillingness to overcome bias.