So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

DJT is orange, hence it’s okay?

Funny thing about that was I didn’t see anyone I served with, or known to have served complain on social media about it. Everyone complaining never felt the need to actually serve the country themselves.

Is this corroborated anywhere? Because it’s terrifying if true… but I’ll save my alarm for when I see it on news sources I’m more familiar with.

That was the only mention I’ve seen of this story by any outlet which is why I remain hopefully skeptical.

Thanks, @None. It’s pretty goddamned sad that it’s something I actually have to contemplate as having some truth behind it, rather than a plot for a bad movie.

Blockquote[quote=“vyshka, post:6259, topic:126885”]
Funny thing about that was I didn’t see anyone I served with, or known to have served complain on social media about it. Everyone complaining never felt the need to actually serve the country themselves.
[/quote]

Exactly my experience. It has been surreal reading and listening to all the people worried about me being offended by a political protest.

Wait, are you saying American soldiers aren’t snowflakes??

They’re out there, I know at least one personally. Some few are just plain racist, but most of the Vets who come down on that side of the argument (“they should protest on their own time, not at work!”) are just like all their non-military counterparts who have been assimilated by the Fox News Collective, they’ve lost the ability to think or speak in anything but idiotic right wing talking points.

Great long piece about Pence, highly recommended.

Here’s another Pence article, why not. Hope this doesn’t turn up on Fox News, the President might get mad!

The Slate article is simply summarizing the profile in the Atlantic.

If I had to guess, I’d say that the GOP leadership is putting this out as a trial balloon, to see if they can replace Trump with Pence and salvage their prospects in 2018/2020.

Better a pedophile, than a godless, child-killing Democrat, God hates Democrats.

But Jesus loved the Democrats back in the 1950’s, when the Democrats hated black people.

It’s so complex.

Agreed very interesting. Sadly it is too long for Trump to read because he’d go ballistic about the Access Hollywood section.

Wednesday Addams kind of says no:

https://twitter.com/jeremyscahill/status/938155317074038784

https://twitter.com/blackvoices/status/938226536888578048

Participants in the group text discussed “stringing a n****r up” and making “an example” out of “one black guy.” Douglas said the people in the group text are members of the Haywood High baseball team. Three former students and one current student told BuzzFeed the people in the group text were made to write 10-page essays as punishment for the messages.

10 whole pages? That’ll teach 'em.

To be fair, a ten page essay is pretty freakin’ long to a high schooler…

I wonder if kids like these ever watched something like Roots (the 1970s one or the modern version) or Underground, or whether those or a movie like 12 Years a Slave would do anything to make them see black people as fellow humans? Or would they somehow dismiss them or A Raisin in the Sun as liberal propaganda pieces?

They made it to high school without any human decency. It’s almost a lost cause already. Or as some people would say, now it’s up to the rest of us to risk ourselves and engage with these assholes because keeping society decent at the risk of our skins has somehow become our responsibility… thus reason we’re not supposed to kick these people out of social media and isolate them.

Ten pages… imagine if they had done it. some judge would see himself in them and give them next to nothing to keep their futures bright.

Yeah, you may remember Rob Murray…