So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

Doesn’t lend itself to small quotes (lots of screenshots of emails), but the bottom line is that the “bombshell report” (“Clinton Ally Aided Campaign of FBI Official’s Wife – Group linked to Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe donated nearly half a million dollars to 2015 state Senate candidate)” ignored the fact that Andrew McCabe did not recuse himself from the Clinton email investigation because he was not involved in it until well after his wife’s election was over (she lost).

Imagine it’s rather malodorous back there…

Saying it happened is the new truth.

She’s running.

Full speech. Be hilarious if she really did run.

I don’t know how she loses if she keeps giving speeches like that. That was just wow.

There’s a minimum 5-character size limit for creating new threads.

I mean shit. If Reagan could do it and be fairly successful, and if Andy Jackson could do it and be quasi-successful (nevermind the genocide and racism) why the hell not?

… Kirsten Gillibrand.

If a person with Reagan’s optimistic look of America ran, regardless of party, they’d likely win, add in his ability to speak and it would be no contest. Trump is the anti-Reagan. Can’t talk, has no vision and doesn’t care about America.

Oprah pros:
Seems to like reading
Isn’t evil

Oprah cons:
Totally unqualified

I mean, it’s possible that she could surround herself with intelligent people who tell her how to run the government, but really, it takes more than giving a good speech to be president of the united states.

Reagan was a great speaker… but he was also head of the SAG, and then governor of California.

Oprah has hawked a fair amount of snake oil and anti-science garbage on her shows over the decades. She’d have to denounce some of that to get my vote… in the Dem primary. If it was her vs. Trump in the general I’d support her wholeheartedly.

Complete and utter lack of experience or qualifications.

I didn’t watch her speech so I’m not saying I disagree with the direction she’d like to take the country in, but can we please have someone fucking experienced in governance and politics? We’re going to need someone who can hit the ground running (as much as possible) to fix the mess Trump is leaving behind.

Sadly we live in an age where experience and expertise are actively derided and attacked. What can they possibly know better, that’s so elitist.

It’s infuriating, but alas a majority of our populace is ignorant snowflakes.

The one “pro” is that I would like to think that a president or candidate Oprah would actively draw on the wisdom and experience and intelligence of those who do know what they’re doing, and would value contrary opinions and seek out information and understanding.

Which by comparison, at least seems fairly refreshing.