So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

I was at the doctor today. I have a bit of arthritis in my left hand. Also Dupuytren’s contracture. I also turned 59 on February 9th. I’m thinking that I’m thisclose to not giving a fuck anymore. YMMV.

That bothers me as well.

Then again my non christian spiritual friends also say a lot of shite that irritates me. I swear if another one of them gives me another “message of hope and healing” or suggests I “meditate on it” I am gonna punch em out.

I am 52 this year. Right behind ya brother. I figure I have another 5 years or so of at least pretending I give a damn, after that all bets are off! :)

Lol, I’ll give you that one. It sounds like an order. I have this instinctual mental response of “what if I don’t want to?”

I’m calling it 60. At 60 I will not give a fuck. OTOH I’m 6 foot tall and 300 lbs. I don’t get the old person break. If I was 5’ 4" I might get the break. We’ll see. :)

I’m 59 in April. We need a McDonald’s we can meet at in the morning so we can fix all the world’s problems. Why we are not just inserted into a high level position in the government by default just due to our age is beyond me. FUCK THE ESTABLISHMENT and I’d like my senior discount on my Egg McMuffin, thank you!

You’re doing it wrong: the Sausage McMuffin with Egg is clearly the way to go.

I turn 57 in April, so I’m close behind you. :-)

Dude, you are preaching to the [Satanic Church of Clogged Veins] choir. I always go Sausage McMuffin with Egg and then slather strawberry flavored artificial chemical composition on the bun. Welcome, fellow heathen!

Strawberry jam, you say? Well l, it’s not as though it has that much less sugar than the ketchup I sometimes dip mine into.
I really only indulge every 5 or 6 weeks or so-- I’m not in THAT big a hurry to shuffle off this mortal coil.

I’m 58, sausage burrito for me, although I maybe I should go for the steak eggs and cheese biscuit. Screw it I’ll get both.

You go girl.

Oh fuck the new age hippy shit is at least 90% as bad as the over the top Christian nonsense (and @Charlatan, I assure you, back where I’m from in rural TN, the war on Christmas is real and vital and people get mega hella pissed about it). In many ways, a casually dangled focusing crystal is a better warning of impending conversational doom than a big honkin crucifix. At least the latter might be a goth kid being ironic…

I’ll admit I may have responded to “Have a blessed day!” with “Thank you! May the blessings of Odin the All Father be upon you as well!” on a couple of occasions. Don’t you try and push your religion on me buddy, I have entire pantheons to draw from!

Love it.

I’ve been tempted toward “Indeed; may Satan’s dark work be done. Praise be to the Morning Star,” but that may just be the metalhead talking.

Which reminds me, my favorite gospel song is about the devil.

Uh, NSFW cuz boobs

You may want to choose another pantheon, since some of the white nationalists have been identifying themselves with this one. You see, this is a religion which is not tainted by brown peoples’ teachings like those Abrahamic religions, and is only followed by white euros. They use hammers of Thor in tattoos and as little necklace holy symbols and everything.

Yeah it’s probably safest just to make something up.

“May the Nine Gods bless us all!” is short and snappy, it’ll do.

Yeah, the Elder Scrolls “Nine” or the ASoIaF universe’s “Seven” seems appropriate.

Fuck those racist assholes. I’m not going to let them dictate what ancient religions I can associate with, what compliments I can pay to people, or what lighting I can use for my backyard BBQ. If I do so, I’ve let them win.

Also, I suspect those racists using Thor’s Hammer as a symbol have no idea that actual Norsemen were not nearly so “genetically pure” as depicted in modern fiction, and that because of their travels all throughout Europe, Asia and North Africa, it was not uncommon for Norse warriors to settle down with and father children with people of all different colors and backgrounds and to serve as mercenaries and guards for rulers (such as the Byzantine Emperors) of all different ethnicities. Not exactly a role model for modern racism.

“By the seven arms of Vishnu” sounds good to me