So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

Look, he said some of his best friends are globalists. What do you want?

Looking at the list, Casey, my Democratic Senator did not vote for it. Which is a relief.

What the hell though.

Doug Jones, no amount of voting with the Republicans is going to save your seat if the GOP doesn’t send up another child molester. For shame.

Regulating banks is for far left wing extremists.

/s

Let’s not forget the nerfing of the CFPB in progress (because trickery and self-dealing is The American Way now):

Sounds like he’s David Dennison’s personal Astrologer.

Lysenkoism, again.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/377575-shulkin-cancels-meetings-with-trump-appointees-amid-va-strife-report

Among other “choice” bits:

In February, a separate inspector general investigation found that Shulkin improperly accepted tickets to the Wimbledon tennis tournament and used taxpayer dollars to take a trip to Europe that cost $122,000 in total. The report alleged that government emails were doctored so that taxpayer funding covered travel expenses racked up by Shulkin’s wife.

Finally, corruption I can believe in.

As someone who was raised in and grew up surrounded by “devout Christians”, this is the least surprising thing I’ve ever read. It is comical that they just come right out and say it, though.

And I also won’t be the least but surprised when the fire and brimstone comes out the next time there’s even a hint of impropriety by the next Democrat candidate or President.

President Mulligan

For most of them, “christian” is probably an identity and a social group rather than a set of principles. But there must be some who actually do believe the principles, and who have not somehow reduced all of Christ’s teachings to “it’s OK to hate gays, and abortion is bad.”

For every thoroughly corrupt pastor who makes the news, I assume (and hope) there are other Christians who will actually reflect a bit before November 2020. Or, at least I hope so. I don’t know many devout anythings very well socially.

I still think there’s a tendency to understate the importance of abortion to evangelicals. They would probably put it on the level of the Holocaust and slavery as a crime. If Trump puts more conservative judges on the bench they’d be inclined to forgive a lot.

But their opposition to abortion has now been shown to be purely dogmatic.

They don’t care about children, or preserving life. Their opposition to abortion lacks any kind of principled underpinning.

Is there some sort of biblical basis as to why God (and thereby evangelicals) hate abortion so much? The homosexual hate I always see the story of Sodom and Gamora trotted out, as well as the “Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve” pithy quote.

I’m pretty sure the whole basis for abortion hate isn’t this, right?

I would take this one evangelical at a time. I’m not persuaded by arguments like ‘they oppose abortion but don’t support universal health care,’ for example, as those are two different things. I wouldn’t dispute the sincerity of an abolitionist who believed slavery should be outlawed yet also believed there should be no social safety net for freedmen or anyone else.

As for the biblical basis against abortion? I assume it’s ‘thou shalt not kill.’ The presumption is that a fertilized egg is a human life with a soul. I don’t accept that premise, partly because I don’t believe in souls and partly because zygotes seem to resemble humans only in the microscopic and in their potentiality; but the rest follows logically enough from that presumption IMO.

They’re also opposed to measures that would actually reduce the amount of abortions in the first place, like sex ed and contraceptives in schools.

No one likes abortion, but it needs to be a safe and legal option, because the alternative is a world where women are dying in alleyways again.