So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

I’d pay to see that.

I don’t know, I hear the ending leaves you hanging.

Sorry, a bit of gallows humor.

Maybe he’s going to have the CEO’s of major pharmaceutical companies publicly executed?

If by “publicly executed” you mean “given cabinet positions overseeing the regulation of the pharmaceutical industry” then I think you’ve got it.

A longer, more rigorous/detailed version of more or less what I wrote was just published here.

State Department employee teams up with Georgetown University Law School’s Civil Rights Clinic to sue Alex Jones, Inforwars and several contributors for defamation. They are accusing him of essentially publishing lies and propaganda as news, causing physical and financial harm to those affected by it. This is how we get rid of people like Jones, attacking their profits so that it’s no longer lucrative to go on the internet and spout ridiculous shit and pretend it’s fact.

I doubt this goes anywhere. Infowars is usually careful about not publishing any falsifiable factual statements.

You’re probably right, but at the very least he will have to pay attorneys to respond to the lawsuit, which means less money for him.

In one survey, Richman and a graduate assistant flagged names on the list of suspended voters in Kansas that sounded foreign. When American Civil Liberties Union attorney Dale Ho asked if the name “Carlos Murguia” would be flagged, Richman said yes. Ho told him Murguia is a federal judge in the courthouse where the trial is occurring.

I’m sure the judge will be thrilled to hear it and Trump and his cohorts will tell us how Judge Murguia isn’t an American or something.

It will be more like someone with a foreign heritage can’t judge on foreign things, that’s automagic bias… despite the fact Carlos Murguia is an American Citizen, native born even.

But where’s he from?

I will admit I chuckled even though I am thoroughly angered that this is a real thing here.

We’ve got groups across the see outraged that American’s still hold onto, value and use our heritages and then we have people here trying to slice and dice heritages so they can create a secondary American class, or whatever the hell it is to be American but not American enough.

Ugh.

I see what you did there. :-)

If TPM’s coverage has been remotely accurate, this Kansas trial has been a disaster for Kobach and the whole voter suppression movement. Kobach was procedurally incompetent and his witnesses were, well, not good. And the ACLU was very, very prepared.

We as a country are really lucky that the people who are set on doing harm to our nation and its processes are incompetent. I guess the more optimistic way to look at it would be to say that the more intelligent folks are generally also more ethical.

The evil intelligent ones know that government isn’t the way to rule, it’s private industry. The Koch Bros run this country right now, make no mistake.

https://twitter.com/JAMyerson/status/974225875616100352