So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

The demise of Toys R Us is disgusting IMO and the knock on effect to the rest of the toy industry will be felt for a long time. They accounted for a huge percentage of sales.

I don’t know where to put this, but the Administration is planning more tax cuts (including cuts to capital gains taxes, natch), because apparently deficits are only a big deal when the Dems are in charge:

Didn’t we just have a huge deficit this past month?

Yeah, and when the economy is going great guns to boot, but who cares! Yee-haw!

(And of course when the Dems come in and try to restore some sanity, they’ll be the Bad Guys “punishing success.”)

It’s the only thing they know. (That they want discussed out loud in the pages of WaPo, that is. “Those People are terrible” gets saved for Fox.)

A DC area radio station is reporting that some folks are taking another lawsuit stab at Trump via the emoluments clause again. This time it’s the MD AG and D.C. AG, and this time they’re aiming at Trump The Businessman instead of President Trump. We will see if Trump will have to respond to this legal summons.

They will probably have the same amount of success as the last set of people that tried that, I thought cynically.

After spending this morning threatening to veto the spending bill Congress, he suddenly changed his mind and will sign it, according to Wapo.

I don’t think he changed his mind at all - I doubt anyone in congress believed for a second that he would veto it.

Was in the car an hour ago and just for grins tuned Rush. He was ranting that this bill was ‘designed to make Trump look isolated and ineffective’. One instance where I think Rush actually got it right.

Only enough money for 33 miles of new border wall. Out of 2000 miles. That’s why he was blathering about vetoing.

The political cartoons almost draw themselves.

Current press conference:

Not even a wall. Just a fence.

So it turns out he went ahead and signed it anyway because he’s all bluster and zero bite.

Trump pretty much lost out big on this budget, particularly the immigration part. He was handed a bipartisan immigration deal that freed up the Dreamers in return for $25B for his moronic wall. He turned that deal down because he – or more likely Steven Miller – figured he could extort a wholesale change in immigration policy out of it and reduce legal immigration by roughly half. No one on the Democrat half of Congress was willing to bite on that, mostly because they are not imbeciles.

So with this budget, trump gets jack shit for his wall (a measly $1.6B, which is a vast sum of money that nonetheless amounts to squat) and he’ll probably never be given another opportunity once the Dems retake the House in November. Plus the Sword of DACAclese is still hanging over his head… right where he put it a year ago.

Couple years ago, I got invited to go to the State Fair by this hot brunette that I’d had a couple flings with periodically over the course of many years. Now, I’m not really big on State Fairs or anything, but as I mentioned she was hot and I had been divorced for about a year, so I said yes.

While we were at the Fair, I was downing shitty beer in pretty large quantities. Partly because I’m 6’7" and it takes a lot to get a buzz going, and partly because it was well over 90 degrees that day and it was hot as balls.

Anyway, it’s getting toward the end of the day and I’m just shambling around the fairgrounds when we stop near one of those rickety-ass fairground rides. It looked sort of like this:

The major difference was at each end was just a small open-aired 2-seater, with a padded bar that comes down over your lap and secures you in place.

Anyway, I fucking hate rides, but she was fucking hot and I had been drinking a large quantity of beer. So fuck it, lets do this. The bar ends up barely fitting over my 6’7 frame and the 17-year old looking park attendant kind of shoves it in place a few times and looks at it suspiciously. I ask him if he was able to get it secured or if I was too big for the ride. He said he was “pretty sure” he got it locked in place and starts the ride before going back to texting on his cell phone.

So this rickety-ass arm contraption assembled two days ago on the fairgrounds starts flinging me through the air, while the seat is spinning end-over-end-over-end-over-end. I can feel all that beer in my stomach sloshing up and down, back and forth, over and over. At this point, I’m just clenching my teeth and telling myself that if I puke, that shit is going to be raining down not only on the people few hundred feet below, but all over myself and the brunette with the way we’re whirling through the air and flipping head-over-heels. I. Will. Not. Puke.

At the midway point of the ride, it stops with us all the way up at the top in the vertical position, as they load in new passengers in the seat on the far side of the ride as us. I’m hanging face-down in the belly flop position towards the ground trying not to puke with that security bar just crushing my queasy gut, as the full weight of my body is being supported by it. Apparently there was some commotion on the ground with the new passengers having second thoughts or something, because they just won’t get in their goddamn seat. Meanwhile, I hear a couple loud PINGS from the joint of the bar holding me in place, and I think back to that dork saying he “thinks” he got it locked in place. I’m suspended above the hesitant passengers with a belly full of beer wanting to get out and with the mechanisms keeping me from falling out of the sky under duress and making disturbing noises and I want is just to get off this fucking ride.

And that, friends, is how I feel with this administration. I don’t know if I"m going to puke, shit my pants, or die. I just know I want off this fucking ride.

I called things off with the brunette a couple months later, btw. She voted for Trump.

Shit man, bravo. I kept reading and reading and didn’t know what you were doing and then BAM, a perfect analogy.

Well done!

I feel like I just went on a journey with you.

But how did the ride end?! With what result?? The country needs to know.

I spent the whole post wondering if you were going to live or die.

Also,

I just want to know who the Hot Brunette represents in this scenario.

Hope? :P

That’s obviously Karen McDougal. You originally thought she was pretty damn hot but then further information came out. Now you realize she’s pretty disgusting and your earlier memories are completely destroyed.