So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

They didn’t merge. Jeff Bezos bought the Post. This is an important distinction that Trump seems determined to erase.

Woops, sorry, yeah, that was bad wording on my part.

Oh god yes.

I read an article on the BBC talking about how people eat too much protein. it starts by mentioning a guy in the early 1900s who, under clinical conditions, went for a eyar eating nothing but meat and fat.

The article mentioned his diet was 80% fat and 20% protein, and then concluded with the recommendation that you eat 15% fat, 50% carb and “only” 35% protein…precisely the opposite conclusion of their supporting evidence!

For folks with idevices, Apple News will get you many, but not all, articles from The NY Times, WaPo etc. some articles still require a subscription, and I believe you can handle that from within the news app. There are things I don’t like about the news app, but thought this worth mentioning.

Yeah, the Apple News app is pretty good. I have a Post sub through Amazon, but I still look at stuff in the Apple app.

I hate that Prime only seems to work with Monthly. I don’t really do monthly subs. I do annual, for the most part. I hate monthly crap.

Pfft, we only look weakened when we aren’t flexing. We’ve got the bomb. Other countries should be falling on their knees and thanking us us for showing the restraint we do when tolerating their bullshit.

Falling on one’s knees is a sign of great disrespect! They must stand!

Which is exactly the way Putin likes it.

Edit: Oops wrong thread.

I guess we’re winning again now?

Yes. In the current administration’s dictionary winning literally means laughingstock.

Trump equates ‘respected’ with ‘they’re worried we might lob a nuke at any minute’. Has nothing to do with ‘looked to for leadership’.

It’s gonna be interesting to see what goes down in Canada on Saturday, given how all they either members of the G7 hate Trump.

Big wins for conservatives in Canada’s elections today.

Not sure which thread belongs. It’s just a bizarrely weird form of corruption:

I don’t get it. Either you jumped in the wrong thread or you are in here to gloat. The latter is really not appreciated.

It was related to Timex’s post about the G7 and Canada. The big win for conservatives in Canada (in Ontario, they have not had a majority since 2003 I think!) may relate to the Trump tariffs debate going on. But you can’t be that opposed to a little gloating regardless – that seems to be 99% of this thread the other way, after all.