So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

I guess the government couldn’t be bothered to post a sign near the device that would warn people of it’s presence? Maybe they were afraid the coyotes would read it and be able to avoid the trap?

Such bullshit. The government was hiding devices they knew were harmful or deadly to people, pets and livestock in areas near private property where all three resided, and now they won’t take responsibility for the inevitable result. MAGA!

Oh my god. It killed the dog and the kid is still suffering. The government admits to putting up the trap and they blame the family. These people are out of their mind.

The use of the traps predates the current misadministration, but I’m pretty sure the “blame the victim’s family” strategy doesn’t.

Yes, it’s the thing I find particularly galling.

The traps themselves, used in that way, is bad enough. It’s the blame the family that puts it over the top for me.

The US Fish and Wildlife service kill wildlife with the same zeal that ICE goes after immigrant families.

Who knows where this one goes? Do we have a “This is how you get WWIII” thread?

I don’t know where to put this.

The 17-year-old told a CBS affiliate the Maga hats - a staple of President Trump’s campaign - are a “racist and hateful symbol.”

According to the sheriff’s office, the student began verbally attacking her peer on Monday because of the Maga hat, before grabbing and hurling it to the ground.

When the teacher intervened, holding out his arm to separate the two students, the suspect allegedly slapped his arm.

The student was arrested and taken to El Dorado County Juvenile Hall. She faces two battery charges - against both the boy and teacher.

She has been suspended from school for a week over the English class fracas, report local media.

The teenager told CBS she was venting her political opinion.

“Maybe just wake people up in some type of way, because it’s not cool the environment our classroom is in,” she said.

This should win him votes. 2.1%, geez, last year we got a 1.5% increase.

Median CEO pay increases for 2017 were 5%.

How many times now have we had the pass huge tax cuts, then say we don’t have the money to pay for things play done to us now? People will keep voting them in though.

Doesn’t him saying the government needs to cut expenses give the Dems more fuel to attack the tax cuts the GOP gave business and the rich.

I can see that being used by Dems everywhere against GOP candidates. And remember, the people losing the 2.1% are probably on a whole making under $20 an hour.

More than 677,000 people affected.

When did we start arresting children for school disputes? I was a wimp in high school, but I was in at least one fight, and I saw others, and I don’t recall anyone ever calling the cops.

Things are very different now than when we were in school. The schools use police to ensure we get our jails and juvenile halls filled up as soon and as long as possible. If there is added prison time later, bonus.

That’s insane.

Oh look, every one of them either solidly red or a swing state that voted Trump.

Hey dipshits, hows that karma? Now how about you help flip the Congress, and then we’ll talk. You have the power to do it.

Almost could not have laser targeted a better list of states to feel the pain, if your goal was to weaken your party.

And of course, it’s even better if the prison/juvenile detention facilities are privately owned, because 'Murrica!

This is so weird to me. They absolutely had authority when I was in school. No, I am not old enough to be slammed on the knuckles with rulers or anything, but i remember one specific incident where a teacher had to physically pick up a classmate and take him outside to help calm him down. Today parents or the community might scream some sort of assault, but the kid got so mad he just basically needed a time out for a few minutes.

And in junior high, teachers got in between students fighting at lunch. There were no cops called.

Yeah, that would probably get a teacher fired these days.