So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

Take away their avocado toast, and get them off my lawn.

Is that what you mean?

I honestly thought this might be a snopes worthy thing but … no

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/30/672401957/new-mexico-id-temporarily-rejected-as-foreign-by-d-c-clerk?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2059&fbclid=IwAR3_ngL4ORmbvijdZZYZMk3StgoOCixnDS4937TLK4CwvCvVafh41MN3R5k

It seems real.

“She and her supervisor

What the actual fuck? I could maybe, see one person being that fucking stupid. But two of them in the same office?

That’s a sign of a fatal flaw in the system someplace.

Loathe though I usually am to reveal much personal information: when I was young (many decades ago) and my family moved to California, the school district would not enroll me without proof of citizenship. Because I was born in the United States Virgin Islands.

To be fair - although I doubt they actually knew this at the time - I’m only able to claim citizenship due to act of Congress. The territories are rather complicated. But not as bad as the former British Empire.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/dairy-farming-is-dying-after-40-years-im-out/2018/12/21/79cd63e4-0314-11e9-b6a9-0aa5c2fcc9e4_story.html?utm_term=.16200b4f03da&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

I think rural groups keep voting against their interests. This came up years before of course.

Mr. Potter was allowed to voice his objections to carrageenan for three minutes before the group, the National Organic Standards Board.

“Someone said, ‘Thank you,’ ” Mr. Potter recalls.

And that was that.

Two days later, the board voted 10 to 5 to keep carrageenan on the growing list of nonorganic ingredients that can be used in products with the coveted “certified organic” label.

Yay we can continue to lament the death of America, now.

Thanks, @stusser. And I guess the Discourse tech support peeps. If I must.

Things are fixed?

Yuppers! Praise be to Lord Stusser.