So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

Remember when Trump asked if we could impeach Obama for gross incompetence? Good times.

Yen is one of the greatest on screen martial artists of our time, and seems oddly unknown in western culture given how totally awesome he is.

His depiction of Ip Man was crazy.

I watched that for the first time this year, precisely because I had heard of this reputation of him.

I must say that the choreography and execution did not disappoint me.

The sequels with Yen in them are also good (I believe Yen did two sequels, but my memory may be off).

Ip Man does seem to have done surprisingly well in the West, judging by the number of random people I come across who have seen it, compared to what I would consider his better or more famous stuff, like Iron Monkey.

I had always just assumed that Ip Man was about a lawyer working for a tech company, but maybe I’ll have to check it out.

Hahaha.

I suppose it would work: IP Man, a thriller about a holding firm buying up struggling companies before proceeding to fire all the employees and keeping the IP to sue other companies in Texas (or w.e. it was).

“Your jurisprudence is weak! Let us fight to show who is the true IP man!”

How many Goldman Sachs-related nominations to Trump’s staff does this make? At this rate, GS is going to have to hire a bunch of new executives so I guess Trump is continuing to create jobs while draining one swamp right into another. Clearly this is a sign that Trump cares about our environment or certainly the wetlands parts of it.

Oh, great.
Looks like the Energy Department is going to be purged of people who worked on climate policy.

It sure is nice watching everything go to shit. Man, I’m sure so fucking glad the 60m hateful imbeciles who voted for Trump got their voices heard. It’d have been so sad if they’d just been drowned out by, you know, people who deserve to live.

Wondering if we’re going to see the green tax credits rolled back. If so, the electric car revolution may be put on pause for a bit. Will Bolts and Volts sell as well without the tax credit? I’m less concerned about Tesla, although the Model 3 is likely to take a hit.

There is also the wind farms, which are thriving in states like Iowa thanks to the “certain amount of energy needs to come from green sources” mandate along with the 30% Renewable Energy Investment Tax Credit. The credits already in place would remain, but repealing the ICT would stifle new wind and solar farms.

The Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit was already slated to expire at the end of this year. The hope was that it would be renewed, but that’s not looking likely given the administration and possible new Energy and EPA secretaries.

I just can’t believe that Trump went on and on about Goldman Sachs and Hillary and then just appointed GS execs and billionaires all over the place. How can Trump keep shocking me? I assumed he would at least pick people from other banks and then do the exact same policies, but just straight up going to the President of Goldman Sachs? Hell didn’t he attack Ted Cruz because his wife worked there?

Unrelated, Trump saying he plans to keep a stake in his businesses while president:

Dude, ask the few trump supporters that are here.
Ask them if they care that Trump flat out lies. I don’t think they do. I don’t think the hypocrisy even registers on their radars.

I think choosing Trump was far more about identity than policy.

Trump supporters think that having someone like Trump as a president somehow makes their deep resentment and anger okay. They’re not going to let go of that over trivial things like facts and ethics.

From Trump “supporters” I have talked to it was much more about “no Hillary” and “change”. I do think most would abandon him pretty quickly in the future should he violate some unspoken trust with them.

Such as not draining the swamp, but instead bringing over Goldman Sachs to run the government en masse?

The $7,500 tax credit for purchases of electric cars is will have minimal effect on Tesla because the rebate is limited to 200,000 cars per manufacturer. By the time the series III actually rolls off the production line the combined sales of Tesla S and X should be at or near 200K. It would have some effect on the GM Bolt but not a lot since Volt is nearly 150K and the Leaf has passed 225,000 so no effect on Nissan. It would probably impact Ford’s plug-in hybrid Fusion and BMW i3.

Generally speaking subsidizes are popular so I don’t really see a bunch of Republicans spending a lot of political capital to take them away.