So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

Same as the other idiots who said, “Well, sure, he’s saying he’ll do terrible things… but damn, I hate them brown people!”

The more optimistic take is that Trump had so many crazy statements and lies that kind of overflowed a lot of people’s ability to hold a coherent picture of him, and he became a proxy for whatever they believe instead. He was like a DDOS attack on people’s judgement.

I heard someone say it like: if Trump was half as bad as he is, he would have appeared twice as terrible.

Nope. I can’t do it. If your brain can be overflowed and overloaded by too many lies and crazy statements, there is something wrong with you, not the person making crazy statements and lies. There is something wrong with him too, but the person who can’t handle the world they literally live in is going to be a problem for the rest of their life. If at 40, 50, 60 hell even around 30 a person can’t handle it… wtf.

and of course by you i don’t mean literally.

Intelligence testing voters is still illegal.

As it should be, but don’t point me to some long winded article talking about the white working class and their struggles when their voting habits can be boiled down to this:

Well … we liked him because he just seemed to be a businessman.

My point is voters can be very stupid. More probably vote on emotion or one issue than vote for the “best” candidate. Many of them aren’t even smart enough to vote in their best interest.

What a difference:

Sure, but the emotion and one issue doesn’t surprise. Literally voting for the candidate who advertised they would strip away the one thing they need to live… aka against their best interest, to have it so blatantly obvious did surprise me.

Fish Called Wanda provides a little catharsis

The bright side of the Perry nomination is that he likely won’t be able to remember the names of his staffers when the administration asks for them.

(Kudos to the Department of energy for officially saying “no,” to the requested list of names.)

To his point, this is why Republicans are more susceptible to fake news – Fox News has been waging a propaganda campaign on a large scale for decades now.

(Which is not to say that Democrats are not also susceptible to fake news or don’t have their own sources of propaganda, just that it’s more pronounced on the right as they’ve been fighting an active and successful campaign against truth for some time now.)

I hadn’t heard this. Awesome.

The Washington Post quoted the reponse at length:

“The Department of Energy received significant feedback from our workforce throughout the department, including the National Labs, following the release of the transition team’s questions. Some of the questions asked left many in our workforce unsettled,” said Eben Burnham-Snyder, a department spokesman. “Our career workforce, including our contractors and employees at our labs, comprise the backbone of DOE (Department of Energy) and the important work our department does to benefit the American people. We are going to respect the professional and scientific integrity and independence of our employees at our labs and across our department.

“We will be forthcoming with all publically-available information with the transition team. We will not be providing any individual names to the transition team.” Burnham-Snyder’s email had the last sentence in boldface for emphasis.

Oh good, gotta love seeing this on a survey:

President-elect Trump has suggested building a wall to limit immigration from the south. Meanwhile, many Oregonians are concerned about the rising influx of Californians. Would you support or oppose building a wall between Oregon and California or otherwise limiting the number of Californians who can move to Oregon?

How about we shift away from a nation of states to a nation of walls. We can make a game of it… walls everywhere.

After winter comes maybe we can build ice walls…

Luckily for me Hawaii is surrounded by a big ass moat with shark infested waters.

I watched a Wisconsin town hall with Bernie Sanders and Chris Hayes this week.

They talked to Trump supporters, who pretty much all responded to the heinous things he proposed with “He won’t do that. The establishment won’t allow it.”

They seemed very against Muslim bans and the like but they thought it was just rhetoric. It’s like everything they hated was just talk that he couldn’t do.

My question is, if everything they hated isn’t possible, why are the things they want possible? Why is this person who just says stuff going to actually do the important things they care about?

I just don’t get it. He said x, but he didn’t mean it, can’t do it. However, he said he’ll get us all great jobs so I voted for him. Wtf?

Pretty sure I saw this in a game once. We just abandon the island to it’s fate of battling of the undead.

Also, that survey is from DHM. it’s not some random internet or Facebook survey. I usually find out about upcoming ballot measures or discussion points through this survey.

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There was never a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.”
John Adams

https://twitter.com/pakhead/status/808936313613262848

His doctor told him to take just a quarter of fentanyl, which the President described as a “square thing,” but he used to take two of the pills to take away the pain in his spine.

“My doctor learned that I was using the whole patch because I felt better. When he knew it, he made me stop and he said … ‘the first thing that you would lose is your cognitive ability,’” the President told the Wallace Business Forum.

He said his physician also warned him that he was already abusing the drug.

Of course. Just add this to the still growing list of absurdities that have already occurred this year. What’s the body count up to now? 5K-something? And this motherfucker over here getting high himself. Can’t wait until he visits the White House at Trump’s request.