So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

Wait… so the dude murdering drug users is a massive drug user?

Aliens, just take it over already.

Not even the craziest story about Duterte today. When he was a mayor, he liked to go around “looking for trouble” and when he found suspects he killed them personally! You know, to set an example for the local police.

I think there is something to it. He is such blizzard of awfulness that no single awful thing can remain center stage long enough to sink in. It seems to all just come across as ephemeral to people.

Blind trust, huh?

He meant that the citizens should blindly trust him to do the right thing.

There is hope for you yet, your time at the new Trump University, re-education program should be short, and less than $1,000.

Some real surprise power grab bullshit out of the GOP leaders in the NCGA tonight.

The best part about that whole scene is the “Trump” branded water bottles. Can you imagine the apocalyptic explosion of conservative outrage if, in 2008, a picture of one of Barack Obama’s first official state meetings showed bottles all around the table labeled “H2Obama!”.

I also bet every one of those bottles was charged back to the government at $5 a pop, and any that weren’t opened were collected to be set out next meeting for an additional $5 charge. The Trump Presidency ladies and gentlemen!

Now you’ve made me thirsty. Thanks H2Obama.

I sense a viral marketing campaign in the making! We need to contact President Obama the day after he vacates the office of President and is once again eligible to market his name in conjunction with private business interests.

Hydration you can believe in.

Breaking news at Breitbart.com! “H2Obama actually robs your body of vital nutrients and minerals and transfers them to the under-hydrated. This redistribution of hydration is a complete travesty about which corporate America remains suspiciously silent. Join Alex Jones at Inforwars for tonight’s webcast featuring the liberal conspiracy behind H2Obama!”

EDIT: Further reading

This is not going to end well.

Would have been a great campaign slogan for Trump.

Eh… sounds like the drone was some sort of environmental monitoring drone for an unclassified study.

So… not a big deal. I am sure the captain of that Chinese ship though, HOO BOY! I am going to be promoted for stealing this brazenly!

Trump is political white noise – he’s blathering constantly on every frequency, so people can just tune in to what they want to hear and ignore the rest.

Can you name three democracies that “committed suicide” before John Adams died?

His examples, by the way, included Carthage and Athens. But those weren’t suicides, both were destroyed by nearly unstoppable enemies who swallowed up all their neighbors regardless of their government type. Adams also bemoaned the First Republic of France, which is hardly a good example of democracy.

Before Adams the list of failed democracies: All of them.

After Adams there are also countless examples. Socrates wasn’t a fan, nor was Plato. Nor were any of the other Founding Fathers, who basically invented the modern democratic republic.

“Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty.” - Plato

Historically they have never worked. Which is why the Founders went with a republic, which also isn’t really working since we changed it to be more like a true democracy. Originally we weren’t supposed to elect the President or Senate. Now we do. Look at the President and the Senate. I think we can say they were on to something.