So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

Dude, you should totally file that argument. I’m sure that you will find exactly zero layers willing to do it, because there is no coherent legal basis for it.

None of this matters. The moronic Trump Presidency/Congress/SCOTUS will ensure that a rural minority wiill rule this country for years to come. They’re never going to get rid of the EC since it benefits them so much.

Hawaii is the most coastal state in the union. It is also the reddest with 62.3% going for Hillary. So it must something in the salt water.

The Clinton faithless were trying to promote the Republican faithless. For it to have been effective Clinton shouldbhave encouraged all of hers to go to Kasich etc.

Yup exactly zero lawyers think this is coherent.

There are folks who think the world is flat, too. I didn’t mean that you literally couldn’t find someone who thought there was merit to the argument. I meant that you couldn’t actually find anyone willing to present such a case, because the case would clearly lose.

But again, if you think otherwise, you should totally pursue this endeavor. Prove me wrong.

Yeah, I mean the published paper in the TN Journal of Law and the blog post by a Harvard Law Professor that I found with a quick google search are basically like thinking the earth is flat. But forgive me if you know more about the coherence of legal arguments than either of those sources.

I guess the obvious question is if lawyers believe in the argument why hasn’t a suit been filed based on said belief?
Nobody willing to pay for it?

And yet they don’t file a case in the court.

Writing crap on the internet is just talk.

Sure, there couldn’t be any other reason that a particular lawyer wouldn’t file a case than that the case has absolutely no constitutional basis and is not coherent. I guess you’ve won the argument!

You can find a lawyer to file just about anything, really. Popehat and his ilk post about the stupidity of lawyers almost as much as the corruption of the state. Being a Harvard lawyer isn’t remotely immunity from not understanding how the Constitution and rights work.

Trump is 1930s Hitler. He’s a fascist demagogue who has already said he plans on rounding up 11 million “illegals” and bar Muslims from entering the country. Like Hitler with the Jews, Trump blames illegals and Muslims for all that ails the country, and only he can fix it.

Except Trump has nukes and the most powerful military in the history of the planet.

Oh, and Hitler wasn’t an idiot or mentally unstable. (And a veteran, and did not come from wealth.)

So yes, I would say to burn it all down. Let America take one for the “team,” because Trump has a non-zero chance of ending the world. We fucked up, and now we must pay. At least we could localize it, somewhat.

Bill Maher (the idiot – according to some guy who thinks motherfuckin’ CALIFORNIA is a geographical “anamoly”) argued that Trump would be our last president. I tend to agree. We can hope that by 2020 Trump is old and tired and sick of it, but do you really think the Trump we see today would concede a losing election in 2020? Then what do we do? He’ll have the military, police forces, and FBI behind him. The Republicans in congress are spineless and won’t stand up to him. He’s already grooming his children for succession.

Yes, yes, crazy talk, it will never come to that, Balasarius has been reading too much “Occupy Democrats” bullshit.

So yeah – I do wish the EC had done their job. Burn it all down and we can pick up the pieces of whatever’s left because Trump could very well end it all.

Trump is Hitler.

The final part of that Gingrich quote is actually the most insidious:

He could simply say, ‘Look, I want them to be my advisers. I pardon them if anyone finds them to have behaved against the rules. Period. Technically, under the Constitution, he has that level of authority.”

He’s basically saying that anything Trump’s administration does, no matter how illegal or unethical, is Constitutional because The Constitution grants the President the power to pardon people. Hello Emperor Trump!

Changing the ethics laws is absolutely going to happen, I have no doubt about that. The people who are running the con are the same people who have the ability to write and re-write the laws.

The judiciary remains a check but it’s a slim one and you can bet that, if push comes to shove, the Republicans will refuse to acknowledge the legitimacy of the judiciary. They’ve been setting that play up for years. “The judiciary is a partisan group of activists with no regard for The Constitution.” It is, of course, a position that could not possibly be more ironic but that doesn’t matter in a post-truth environment.

Your institutions will not save you.

Protected classes (Wikipedia) under federal anti-discrimination law:

• Race – Civil Rights Act of 1964
  • Color – Civil Rights Act of 1964
  • Religion – Civil Rights Act of 1964
  • National origin – Civil Rights Act of 1964
  • Age (40 and over) – Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
  • Sex – Equal Pay Act of 1963 and Civil Rights Act of 1964
    • The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission includes discrimination based on gender presentation and sexual orientation as protected beneath the class of ‘sex’[1]
  • Pregnancy – Pregnancy Discrimination Act
  • Citizenship – Immigration Reform and Control Act
  • Familial status – Civil Rights Act of 1968 Title VIII: Housing cannot discriminate for having children, with an exception for senior housing
  • Disability status – Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
  • Veteran status – Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
  • Genetic information – Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act

Individual states can and do create other classes for protection under state law.

No kidding. A slice of toast would be less of a national embarrassment than this idiot.

An inanimate carbon rod would also work.

Even if Trump didn’t get thrown in by the House- Trumpism would remain in effect, but would not be discredited by failure.

I agree. Take your shoes off, put your feet up, and watch some Gilmore Girls. You will feel better.

It’s hard to believe that the nation that was so instrumental in helping the world defeat European Fascism and Communist totalitarianism has come to having this horror clown in line to become its President.

The greatest generation defeated fascism, their kids voted it into power.