So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

There’s been an argument for a while now that the Boomers are literally the worst.generation.ever.

2016 seals the deal.

People will look fondly back on this time in a couple of decades when the Millennial/YouTube generation hit their stride.

Don’t you just love it when everyone in a demographic is blamed for the acts of others. Those damn whiny millennials, those evil Muslims, those minorities…

Generation snowflake is going to perform awesome when set up against China/Russia/Iran/Pakistan :-)

My father (born in 1944, so barely a Boomer) came to this conclusion a year or so ago. He actually apologized to my daughters for it.

(deleted so as not to say anything against anyone’s father)

:)

So you think in the 1930’s they blamed the people two generations before for causing the depression and WW1? And do you think Lincoln blamed two generations earlier for causing the Civil War. I bet they did.

Hey, man, it ain’t our fault that Boomers vote for Straight Unadulturated Evil as a group almost as reliably as, say, Cthulhu Cultists or Registered Republicans. Blame statistics, if you must have something to rail against ;-)

The argument revolves around the idea that the Boomers inherited a relatively egalitarian era, with the social safety net constructed by FDR largely in place. (LBJ would later add the final pieces).

What have the Boomers done? Increasingly said, “fuck you” to the newer generations as they inherit all the benefits of the safety net that was set up for them, but they increasingly refuse to pay for keeping the net for later generations.

Never mind the fact that the Boomers also inherited an unprecedented amount of wealth from the WWII generation.

Nah, I know at least two WW2 vets/spouses that also helped vote it in. How did we get here.

How old are they? They gotta be in their 90’s, right? I mean, we’re talking 75 years ago at this point, and they would have had to have been 18 at the time? So, minimum of 93 years old?

Yes, one passed on after the election too.

Having been born in 1961, I’m technically still a Boomer (on the tail end).
More than the Boomers I blame the Right’s successful divide-and-conquer strategy since the late 1960’s–fanning the flames of the Generation Gap (later known as the Culture Wars) and our shitty history of racism to distract people enough to be able to start rolling back all the progress that had been made from the 1920s through the 1960s.

I think what surprises me the most about this whole mess is how many Americans fell for Trump’s con man schtick. He’s always been what he is now. His entire campaign was a pretty transparent long con that I suspect he hoped would lead to more business and nothing more. He agitated just because it got him attention. What surprises me is how many people took it at face value instead of recognizing it for the farce it was/is. Now that he’s done proclaiming he’s going to drain the swamp, will anybody recognize that he’s the ultimate man behind the green curtain?

Yeah his con was pathetically weak and somehow it worked.

The level of overall stupidity out there is staggering, but the natural result of half our politicians actively fighting for said ignorance.

Our electorate failed this great nation and defecated on the political legacy that patriots died to establish and preserve.

Our electorate is not only made of these people:

But watch her try and get validation from the crowd… which she finds. So there are more than a half-dozen people in the vicinity, she gets affirmation from one of them, a few stand there awkwardly and one just kind of smiles…

I would love to have a crazy racist woman try to go off on someone while I’m there.

I’d be more worried about the US itself than those nations right now.

(video in tweet)

Sorry to anyone who has school aged children.