So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

11:15am

It’s not necessarily just Trump that’s dividing the people. It’s the shit policies of the GOP and all this god damn racism, misogynism, religious prejudice, etc. At least it’s getting better and the vast majority of Americans don’t approve.

This is beautiful. I hope the numbers are overwhelming tomorrow.

Behold the triumph of the “Boobocracy” that Sinclair Lewis warned us about.

They are gonna blame the emptiness on protesters. Urgh. I am so bitter. I just needed to vent, sorry guys.

Their pitiful mewling will cause a giant nation-wide eye roll. Who cares what they say?

Assuming that’s in reference to wisefool’s “they,” the answer to your question is “Enough people to elect a President, Congressional majority, and the majority of the State Houses and Governorships in the country.”

:-(

I guess we’ll be seeing this everywhere soon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/protesters-bring-shouts-skirmishes-and-shutdowns-to-inauguration-celebration/2017/01/20/00ea4c72-df11-11e6-acdf-14da832ae861_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-bignews3_protest-10am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.7c913bd7f554

As protesters at the spot shouted “This is what democracy looks like,” a Trump supporter countered. He pointed to the other side of the fence and said, “This is what democracy looks like but I can’t get to it because of you!”

Michael Henning came from Dalton, Ohio, to see the events on the Mall and expressed frustration with how the police handled the situation.

“We drove 20 hours and now we can’t get in,” Henning said. “Everyone should have just brought guns and had it out, I’d be happy if they just dropped a bomb on them.”

[quote]
“Everyone should have just brought guns and had it out, I’d be happy if they just dropped a bomb on them.”[/quote]

Yup. That’s where we are now.

In a way, the comparison photos sort of are a black eye for Democrats. If those same people had bothered to get out and vote this year instead of riding a wave of apathy, we wouldn’t be celebrating Trump today.

Absolutely. Apathetic voters get what they deserve.

…and ESPECIALLY if they got it through their thick skulls that you have to vote in mid-terms, too, for the party of the President you have such high hopes for. But God forbid that they’d paid attention in US History/Civics.

Paul Ryan - permanent shit eating grim during the whole ceremony. If he’s not careful it will get stuck that way.

I’m honestly more angry about this than anything else.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like popping him one when he’s grinning so smugly?

There’s been a small subroutine running in my brain since 1998 dedicated purely to wanting to punch Paul Ryan in his fucking face.

I think this is actually because he knows this is bad, and doesn’t want his face to betray that knowledge, so he just slapped on the smile and held it.