So, I started replaying Fallout

You’ll have to be pretty hardcore gamer to stomach any game that requires paragraph booklets in this day and age.

Heh, as long as I dont have to build my own cardboard secret decoder ring =)

After reading this thread I also tried to finished Fallout. But now I’m at a point, where I have to go to The Glow and cannot finish the game, because I don’t find anyone who could sell me these RadX and RadAway pills. I wandered for hours, consulted walkthroughs and nothing helps. I cannot find a merchand who’s got them. This shouldn’t happen.

That’s odd, I don’t recall having a problem stockpiling those. I will say that for replays of the game I definitely used character trainers (plentiful for both) to bump radiation resistance to 100% artificially. It’s cheap but removes some of the more irritating game mechanics.

If your dumb enough the guard at the BOS will give you rad-x for free (along with instructions on how to swallow them!)

However nearly all of the merchants carry rad-x and rad away. The general store in the hub should have plenty.

That’s exactly what’s irritating me so much: No one has them, not even the general store.

Same here. In fact, that was the only part of either game that I ever used them, so I had more than enough that I had just taken off of the people I killed.

All right, found a solution. Made a run to the glow, first floor. Got the disk and the radx and radaway there. After that I could join the brotherhood and had access to radx. But I still don’t understand, why I cannot find any in town… Well, nevermind…

You might have skimped on random encounters. That could explain it.

The drug dealer in the Hub usually has at least one type of the anti-rad meds.

dogmeat spoiler:
it is possible to save dogmeat, at least i read that somewhere
you got to time it some at the forcefields so dogmeat gets stuck and can’t follow you at the end.

You only need 2 RadX for the whole game, since those two will bump you up to 100% resistance for a couple of hours and your NPCs don’t care about radiation. You have to stop on the world map just short of the Glow, take 'em, and then continue on and complete the Glow without playing too many games of chess or reading textbooks (or anything that causes time to pass). If you really can’t find any RadX, try the ice chests in Children of the Cathedral store room (Boneyards/L.A.). Worst case, there’s plenty of RadAway in the Glow medical area.

• Alan