So, is PS4 Pro worth it over standard PS4 for 55" 1080p plasma PC gamer ?

This. The Pro is worth the money.

I agree completely - The upgrade to a pro has by far been my best console decision in all my console owning years.

Not only does it play my games better, it has more space than my launch PS4, it doesn’t make nearly the same amount of noise, AND I got to have so much fun with Aloy in amazingly great looking graphics!

Like @RickH says though, it’s more like “Buy the pro unless the extra $150 is a major impediment” because I literally just took advantage of the Amazon $250 price for a PS4 with Uncharted 4 last week supporting my son’s birthday purchase. The OG PS4 is rather “cheap” now and with E3 around the corner it might get cheaper yet. I doubt they’ll lower the price on the Pro yet, though.

Actually, the twelve year old should wait a month to earn that $100 and get the Pro.

No-feet McGee, while strictly limited in his income, doesn’t have to pay rent so he should get the Pro too. I mean, with no feet he has time to kick some major tween ass at Destiny 2. Not literally though, because no feet.

Now lets say you’re a single mom with two autistic kids, working three shifts at Hardees. Your feet ache (at least you’ve got feet!), your mind is blank with exhaustion, your roof leaks, and you need to sleep wearing shoes so the rats don’t gnaw off your toes (one downside of having feet). And now you’re gonna lose health care! The world is a bleak, challenging place for you. You are a proper candidate for a non-Pro PS4.

It’s more like $200+ for us poor shlubs that have to trade-in the stupid PS4, plus time to pack it all up.

Whether it’s worthwhile to upgrade the Pro is a different question, though. The OP doesn’t have any PS4 flavor yet.

What if I’m an international assassin with money to burn but barely time to turn around and grab a quick shower before I have to kill the president of Paraguay with a fork?

It’s a certification requirement with Sony that every game coming out take advantage of the Pro features to offer a better experience. The exact nature of the changes are up to individual developers, but there will be something in every game coming out.

You need portable gaming. I’d get an Nvidia Shield tablet and a subscription to GeForce Now.

Hey that’s pretty good. Now what if I’m CEO of a multinational corporation that wants to play the awesomest version of the newest games before I’m called to testify as an unindicted co-conspirator in a scam to drum up profits by selling AKs to child soldiers?

Thanks everyone. I am not much into Nioh but I would like if more Pro games offered 30 and 60fps choice.

I see there is a bundle now where I get 2TB Sony external harddrive with the Pro, and I wanted to get external drive anyway. I will get it.

Easy one. Razer Blade Pro.

Plan to buy the Pro. But wait until after E3 before you do.

Well, I decided to get it. I really wanted to play these few games already

So far so good, although it surprised me a bit that I put Uncharted 4 disc in and it starts downloading 13GB right away. Oh well, gonna watch Leftovers in the meantime.
Another surprise was lack of CZ language for the system, not that I would have used it, but still, weird.
Enabled boost mode right away. Are there any other things I should change/enable/disable in the settings, or anything I should know ? Thanks

If you have any issues with games that seems weird, be aware that Boost mode has an unfortunate effect on a select few games. Just a little help with potential troubleshooting! Other than that - get Horizon Zero Dawn installed instantly, if you havent played it already. Its got amazing story and amazing graphics.

It does indeed, which is why I recommend you play it last to more fully enjoy the other games. :)

Also, @Paul_cze if you have’t played it, The Last of Us (remastered for PS4) is one I feel belongs on every gamer’s shelf.

The Pro enabled games I’ve tried have an option that lets you decide how the game will be improved, be it visuals or frame rate. Even though you aren’t playing on 4k I’d suggest the better graphics/supersampling option for Horizon – the game already runs great as it is so the stable framerate mode doesn’t really add much.

Yeah I intend to play Horizon last :)
TLOU I finished on PS3, and I plan to buy and replay the remaster about a month before TLOU2 comes out.

Yeah I want to see how Horizon will look downsampled from faux4k for sure.

Cool, hope you have a bunch of fun with it!

Well, so far I spent whole day downloading games, who knew downloading 250GB would take a while. Only tried out Uncharted and Horizon so far and only starting them, not playing. I saw Horizon has an option in settings to favour resolution or framerate, so I picked resolution. But Uncharted has no such toggle in the settings, how do I make sure it runs in 1440p downsampled to 1080p as it should, instead of just straight 1080p ?