So now that Macross Frontier's done

(spoilers obviously)

Too many characters, too many filler episodes, too much stuff glossed over.

What the hell does Alto’s Kabuki-performing family background have to do with anything? And what’s with his onnagata poses?

I think the whole background was there to push the idea that he couldn’t help but to act out the part that people around him expected him to play and that the only thing that was true was his desire to protect Ranka.

But…overall, despite some interesting fight scenes but the whole series was a huge mess. It’s hard to believe that the franchise can fall so far after Macross Plus and Macross 7 (I actually thought 7 was great :P)

Sigh…at least Gundam 00 had a strong Season 1, making up for the crapfest that was Seed Destiny

All the latest Gundam themes about stopping war seems to strike my mind as being… childish and immature. Some things are never going to happen and even the attempt is ridiculous, and making the last what, two or three shows about it is a tad redundant.

I actually finished watching Seed Destiny, but I had nothing else to do with my time in those days and now I did not bother much with 00. Unless some serious Gundam show will turn up, I think I’m willing to move on towards greener fields. As uncommon as they are.

Unfortunately they wasted way too much time then crammed everything ridiculously into an episode and a half. While there was some good stuff, ultimately the show was fairly disappointing (and only told in roughly half of the episodes of the previous series). I kept thinking they were building up to a second season (like Gundam 00) but I guess not. There’s indications of something else, maybe a OVA-style movie, however.

— Alan

The series started to lose my interest when:

............................................................................................................. Michel died.

Also, there weren’t nearly enough scenes of the VB-6 König Monster filling space with explosions.