So now we have scientology ad banners?

and people complain about Islam.

all religions are designed by atheist cynic people

we need creative people designing religions, not mediocre science-fiction authors!

The full video was all the rage today at work… it just seems impossible that a human face could get hit like that and not disintegrate; were they using some specially soft kind of melon?

Yeah, even with “only a watermelon” it seems likely to have the face totally smashed.

full video is here, she apparently just gets a bad headache:

http://www.twitvid.com/Q41DB

My experience wih Plants vs. Zombies seems to carry out that theory.

At the very least, getting hit in the face by something with that much mass and speed - soft or not - is pretty likely to cause damage. She’s really lucky if a headache is all she got (I’d guess a concussion, but I’m no doctor).

That makes it seem less realistic. Not to give INTERNET VIDEO COMMENTATORS any credibility but I’ve got to agree with them - no way does she get smashed in the face by a watermelon that size and just suffer a slight headache and a “oh I have to carry on? sigh” reaction.

We need to get Mythbusters on to this ASAP!!

They can work on that whole engrams Scientology thing while they are at it. (I’ll give you a clue - BUSTED!!)

Also I think I should mention a game so this thread is in the right forum instead of everything else. STARCRAFT 2.

Nah, it’s definitely Plants Vs. Zombies.

Actually, I think they could do a fun episode based on the bogus physics that’s involved in video games:

PvZ
How much damage does a watermelon really do?
if peas are shot from a gun, could they be lethal?
What if they’re frozen (both watermelons and peas)?

Various RPG’s
Does skill in athletics/acrobatics help you avoid all damage should you fall from advanced heights?
How many hits with a sword would it really take to mortally wound a creature the size of a dragon (taking scale armor into account)?
Are fireballs deadly if the flames don’t last very long?

Various FPS
How well does cover work in protecting you from bullets?
Can a human being constantly jump across a battlefield without collapsing from exhaustion?
What’s the effective killing radius of a grenade?
How difficult is it to get real head shots on moving targets?

I’d watch it.

So what happened really then? It’s all a setup? Sped up film? Stunt double? Special effects? The individual was actually killed outright and they are covering it up using lookalikes?

Death by watermelon! What a way to go.

Myth confirmed! There’s a reason airborne troops in the military do so much more PT than anyone else. The better conditioned your body is, the stronger your tendons and ligaments are, and the less likely you are to tear or strain something when you slam into the ground at relatively high yet still nonfatal velocities.

:)

There was a short snipped , youtube or on discovery channel I watched once, where they fired various weapons into a house.

It basically covered this section, and from what I saw, AK47 is something it hard to hide from at times.

She probably had a concussion. The producers would have been stupid not get her medical attention and let her continue with the game.