So, uh

http://www.blackbirdhome.com/

Ooh, it’s pretty.

Wait what?

Blackbird was developed on the simple proposition that we, as the African American community, can make the Internet experience better for ourselves and, in doing so, make it better for everyone. Primarily we believe that the Blackbird application can make it easier to find African American related content on the Internet and to interact with other members of the African American community online by sharing stories, news, comments and videos via Blackbird.

In turn, we can provide you with up-to-date information about what’s hot in our community as well as news and user recommendations related to all things African American. So, we encourage you to download and try Blackbird now that it’s available! (Better than 9 out of 10 of the users that downloaded the alpha version the Blackbird Browser continued to use Blackbird as their main browser).

Blackbird is operated by 40A, Inc., a company founded by three African American entrepreneurs, Arnold Brown II, Frank Washington, and H. Edward Young, Jr.

For Press inquires please email info[at]blackbirdhome.com

For website feedback or to report a problem with the Blackbird Browser please email support[at]blackbirdhome.com

That’s an awesome firefox skin, oh wait…

That’s what I thought when I first saw it. “Is this a new firefox release?”

Nope

So can I use this browser or not? Also, I wonder how “Black Search” is different from regular (or Cracker) Search.

No, you may not, sorry.

Please fill out the following registration. Those items with a “*” beside them are required:

Name: Tyler
Age range: 35-45
Household Income: $40,000-$60,000
*Race: Caucasi…

DENIED BITCH!!!

BLACKBIRD FEATURES:

Black Search

Black News Ticker

Black Bookmarks

Black bookmarks?

Hahahahahah.

You can go ahead if your intent is to travel the mainstream parts of the Internet and see what kinds of issues a minority browser faces. Don’t be offended if some of the posters there ask if it’s true you have a bigger cache than other browsers.

You were only waiting for this moment to be freeeeeee

You love the red, white and blue, but you hate the black, black, black.

It’s time to paint the white web black.

We need to make a counter browser. Like an aryan nation browser. White with blue highlights. Sort of like QuarterToThree…huh.

Dammit, Scrax, now we have to change everything.

I’ve always assumed the color scheme here was Tom’s way of showing support for Israel.

Heh heh

Coming Soon:

Snowy Egret is our gentle, relaxing and politically correct Firefox plug-in for caucasion middle class Americans. Features include your choice of skins including Roflcats, William Wegman and Anne Geddes themes, optional soothing browsing music specially composed by grammy winning recording artist Kenny G and our unique “Blinders” feature which limits your browsing experience to only pre-approved culturally homogenous sites such as Target, Old Navy, Chipotle and Starbucks. The world is a happy place, and Snowy Egret makes the internet a happy place as well!

For example, Black Search moves important information from African American sites higher in your search results.

Download our browser and we’ll rig your search engine to rank our affiliates higher than actually useful information!

Salaam Aleykum! Now gimme yo money, bitch!

Originally Posted by Female, black ex-roommate.
“ENTERTAIN yourself with entertainment content from the African American community”
I already don’t watch BET, so it’s like a black only youtube, I’m afraid.
And for goodness sake, everytime I try to use the google map feature it prepopulates KFC and Episcopal Church locations!

The black kittycat you talk to while alone in your living room does not count, Scrax.

Totally not racist. My best friend is black! So that obviously nullifies everything I say. The fact that she may be racist against her own people is besides the point.