So who all has bought a Steam Link (and Controller)?

Ah, that’s where I got confused. Thanks!

Not surprising now that they have an app. Great little piece of hardware though especially if you picked one up at the (almost constant) deep discount prices they ran.

What do you mean by an app? How would a Steam app on a Roku or whatever help one stream one’s games? Isn’t some local processing muscle required?

Not really, it’s just decoding video.

Unfortunately the Steam Link app is not on Roku. It’s unclear why. But if you have an AppleTV, FireTV, or AndroidTV device, you should be good to go. And FireTV sticks start at $35 normally-- $25 this week with black friday sales.

All that is nice to know, but I actually do have a Link and Controller (though I haven’t used either in a while, tbh-- perhaps a new XCOM 2 playthrough is in order, if they ever fixed that one bug…).

Didn’t Apple reject the Steam Link app? I wonder what the hold up is.

They’re still available for purchase on Amazon, in case anyone wants to grab one before they’re not.

Yeah, they’re resubmitting it without the ability to purchase anything on Steam. That was the holdup.

PS4 controllers will not work with anything outside of the Valve Steamlink device. I’ve asked when devices like a Samsung tv might support them and the response I got was potentially never. Maybe a Sony tv might work with PS4 controller in Steamlink? Not sure (if Steamlink even exists on Sony Android OS).

It still let me order one just now, but no idea if it’ll actually ship. $10 all in for a wireless HDMI cable from my PC to my TV seems like a good deal.

Fellow Qt3’ers have had great results with the Steam Link so I certainly know its possible and I respect that, but I have to say, it never worked for me and my wifi. It was and is just a laggy mess.

Love Steam and love Valve but this one was a miss for me.

The controller is good though, well worth checking out.

It is on sale for 2.50 on Steam in case no one read the other thread. with shiping it is about 13 dollars or so.

This would be my big concern, the whole joystick/controller pairing. I don’t use my Steamlink all that often but I do use it, and really enjoy it when I do. I also prefer the PS4 controllers.

Well mine is preparing to ship so I guess the order went through. Yay-ish?

You can use a PS4 controller on PC, you need to install a driver. Search for SCP toolkit. It shows up as an Xbox 360 controller in games. Works great, but I now prefer the Steam Controller.

I can’t stand the steam controller. Anyone wants one on the cheap, let me know.

I hard wired mine and it is smooth as glass. It was a pain to run wires through the basement ceiling, but worth it in the end.

Yeah hardwire is a great idea if you can do it. Hmm…

Looks up at ceiling, looks at Steam Link, looks at wife. Yeah this is gonna be a tough sell… :)

A desire to play Catherine in a more laid-back setup than my computer desk led me to dusting off the Steam Link this week. Only beaming the signal one room over, it’s been an excellent experience over wifi. Was also able to sync my Wii U Pro controller after a couple minutes of fiddling, giving it a use again now that the Wii U has been packed up.

Being able to lounge on my couch at night while playing fits really well with the late night atmosphere of the game and has improved my immersion greatly.

The Steam Link app for iOS/Apple TV is available!