So, who are you and what do you do?

Hello, my name is Buford T. Justice. I am in law enforcement, and have one son, who generally tries to help. Boss Hogg (That is you. I reconnize you!), you ever want to get together, I’ll tell you how to kick those Duke boys’ lily white asses. :)

I’m a snow collector from Enceladus, a small moon in the Saturnian System. I also do frop bogs, rare diseases, and games lol.

Did you ever make it home to kick mama’s butt?

Please allow me to introduce myself
I’m a man of wealth and taste
I’ve been around for a long, long years
Stole million man’s soul an faith

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what’s puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

Stuck around St. Petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed Tsar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain

I rode a tank
Held a general’s rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
Ah, what’s puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah

I watched with glee
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made

I shouted out
Who killed the Kennedys?
When after all
It was you and me

Let me please introduce myself
I’m a man of wealth and taste
And I laid traps for troubadours
Who get killed before they reached Bombay

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what’s puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what’s confusing you
Is just the nature of my game

Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me Lucifer
'Cause I’m in need of some restraint

So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politnesse
Or I’ll lay your soul to waste, mm yeah

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, mm yeah
But what’s puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, mm mean it, get down

Woo, who
Oh yeah, get on down
Oh yeah
Aah yeah

Tell me baby, what’s my name?
Tell me honey, can ya guess my name?
Tell me baby, what’s my name?
I tell you one time, you’re to blame

What’s my name
Tell me, baby, what’s my name?
Tell me, sweetie, what’s my name?

Colin?

Close. It’s “Wilburforce.” Maybe.

Well, let’s put it this way; I tried.

Still in the PNW, but we’ve moved to a very rural island in Puget Sound. Friday, February 3rd will be my last day at Aurora. What comes next?

That would be telling.

Which I will totally do, just not quite yet.

How is life on a rural island? That sounds so nice in a lot of ways, but I’m sure there are drawbacks/challenges!

Given that we’re still sticking to a fairly strict isolation (I know too many people with permanent disabilities due to post-Covid sequelae), it’s very pleasant. Most of the drawbacks would apply regardless of general location because of that.

Rural, isolated island? Are you hoping to be in a Stephen King novel?

Holy hell… I can’t believe someone necro’ed this thread. I made it almost 20 years ago. Does that even seem possible? Did we even have the internet 20 years ago?

Anyways, I guess I should update the OP: I’m now a Retail Account Manager at Acer Canada, managing a couple of our national retail accounts. Still married to the same beautiful woman I was with in 2002, having just celebrated our 29th year of matrimonial bliss. There were some serious down periods in the past 20 years, but I am in a pretty good place right now and extremely grateful for the life I have manifested in this timeline.

I don’t game anywhere near as much as I used to, and haven’t bought a console since the Xbox 360, though my PC is relatively up to date and GamePass rocks.

Now 57. Kid’s still living with me because 2023. Told him he’s got to be out by 30. Still happily dating the same woman.

Left my previous tech megacorp employer after 16.5 years and now a bit over a year into working as a content designer for another megacorp, building the foundation of the metaverse.

I was hoping to be one of the quirky background characters in a feel-good made for television movie, but it’s the 2020’s, so who the hell knows.

I have a near 30year old still living at home. But she works full time and has saved more money than a 30 year old would have ever thought was possible. She is also here to watch the house (and pets) when we travel.

A quick search showed that I mentioned being 41 in my first post in this thread, which feels crazy. Especially since I’m now 58, the kids are 19 and 15, I still work in the same bldg for the AF as I have mentioned, still love pizza, books, chocolate, movies, all things fantasy, history, and this message board. I’ve never hung out anywhere in life for as long as I have at Qt3 and I didn’t realize that until just now.

8 years later, my presentation is still accurate. Only now I’m getting close to my 50’s, and going through a divorce after 24 years of marriage, but not much changed outside of that.

Hahahaha, wow I was young. Looking at the dates I posted this 2 months after getting married (20 year anniversary soon!) and like 1.5 years before the birth of my first child. The same child who is now worried about ACT scores and college applications.

Still a strategy gamer, don’t do any programming anymore, still have an IT career in relational database consulting but I’m a pointy haired boss nowadays.

I was away from Qt3 for a few years (honestly not sure how long) and came back with my current moniker. I guess originally I went under my real name? Anyway, here I was back then, the 13th poster on this thread. Had my first of four kids. Still at the first game studio I worked for. Heard of 'em?? (You haven’t.)