Social media controls the world

Shame on them for engaging. This is half the problem with Twitter, people reply and argue with retards on the regular, and CNN and Buzzfeed run entire longform articles about people “reacting” to shit on twitter. It’s just random assholes with shit opinions, why are we reporting this? Who cares about these people?

Where’s your proof that Carcharodon Megalodon exists today?

I saw it on Syfy!

Those people don’t get to own the internet. Why should we just let it float? Two of my friends had a confrontation because one of the posted a debunked article online about vaccines… like one of those articles that was refuted in the medical and science community.

You know what would have happened if that was hung out there, someone might not question it. When I saw her post it, I had my doubts immediately but the source was not typically a place for made up bullshit… that John Hopkins not peer reviewed piece is still going around!

When you reply to obvious trolls (and people can be trolls without knowing it), you legitimize their position and undermine yours. If 2 PhDs are arguing, at length, with some dipshit about whether or not a basic fact is true, it causes people to question how confident the experts are in that fact.

Dinosaurs are extinct. The Earth is a sphere. These are basic facts that were settled hundreds of years ago. Just because a moron on Twitter doesn’t believe it doesn’t mean they “own” the internet. Ignore them and carry on. Do not engage.

The mermaid comment had me wondering.

FTFY. I don’t share your pov.

So continue to argue with people who have no interest in truth? If that’s what you enjoy, go for it.

I feel like I’m doing it right now. I am telling you not everyone shares your belief, and you refuse to believe it.

I don’t disagree with that. Not everyone shares my opinions. But, if the point of the article is “this is what’s wrong with Twitter”, my position is don’t feed the trolls. If you disagree, great, keep feeding them.

Propaganda works. We have decades of knowledge and experience that tells us this. The days of misinformation on the Internet just being trolls is some basemen is over. We have actual, literal wars that were superseded by misinformation campaigns.Doing nothing then, did nothing to stop it, and doing nothing now does nothing to stop it.

Ignoring trolls, propaganda and general misinformation campaigns is not the answer. You don’t have to look far to see why that is. The internet is the primary or sole information for too many people to just let it go.

We tried it your ways for years. It does not work.

What I’m saying is don’ keep arguing. Refute and move on. You can’t win an argument with people that won’t acknowledge facts.

We’re talking about this right? Other people are talking about this right? The goal is probably not to win. People are talking about this encounter and the facts around it. Good for them.

Alrighty!

https://twitter.com/BaumerKori/status/946870925093490688

I mean, I laughed so hard at that comment. I wonder if the scientists did as well. I hope they did.

Yeah this is troubling. Plus that government killed the mermaids comment… not sure this person is even real.

It’s very troubling that the government killed all the mermaids. Evidence? Easy, there aren’t any mermaids (anymore. Or, like, ever. Same thing). I surely do hope somebody gets to the bottom of this and punishes those responsible. They will feel the pain they inflicted on the mermaids 10x over.

No they can’t, because the core definition of trolling is being intentionally disruptive. This is like saying someone can be a liar without knowing it.

It’s just as bloody well. Piranhas with arms basically. Horrible things.

If the government could find and kill all of the mermaids, why wouldn’t they know about the megalodons? I mean, if they are efficient enough to do one, why are they clueless about the other? Except for the info that KORI BAUMER has. Never doubt Kori. She KNOWS!

The guy she’s talking about was my friend and the friend of a few other people here. We’ve known each other online for almost fifteen years, which I’m guessing is longer than at least one person in your life that you might call “friend”. Not being in a place that we saw him every day does not change the fact that we had built friendships with him over that time. And just like friends you might know in real life, if they slowly engaged less every week, you may not realize right away that something was wrong. If they have a spouse, she might not know how you communicate with those friends to let them know.

It’s 2017, are we really acting like online relationships are meaningless?