Social media controls the world

I keep trying to buy Trump stakes. My bad.

If you burn a lot of Trump stuff is that a bonfire of the vanities?

This would produce cursed toilet paper that needs to be flushed ten, fifteen times.

What’s the best way to make throwaway accounts to do this? I need bonfire material and toilet paper. Seems like most emails require a cell phone number (or primary email) and I’d rather not have it linked.

I’m wondering about that too. I wouldn’t be surprised if team trump doesn’t validate any of the information, so you can just fill in garbage.

I wouldn’t go there. When the inevitable purification wars come, I don’t want to answer to the tribunal why I was on the Trump mailing list.

Imagine using a real email account in 2020.

Imagine having a physical address to mail items to.

Just fill in 1060 West Addison.

Whatever works for you guys. I know I’m not going to be the one having to explain my actions to Kamala The Just.

Pretty sure anyone with “The Just” in their name would approve of “good trouble”.

Unless it was ironic, like calling big guys “Tiny”.

Yay…

For at least the last two months, a key Instagram feature, which algorithmically pushes users toward supposedly related content, has been treating hashtags associated with President Donald Trump and presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden in very different ways. Searches for Biden also return a variety of pro-Trump messages, while searches for Trump-related topics only returned the specific hashtags, like #MAGA or #Trump — which means searches for Biden-related hashtags also return counter-messaging, while those for Trump do not.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/08/05/trump-post-removed-facebook/

First time Facebook did anything about Trump.

Facebook removed from Trump’s official account the post of a video clip from a Fox News interview in which he said that children are “almost immune” from covid-19.

Twitter required his Team Trump campaign account to delete a tweet with the same video, blocking it from tweeting in the interim. (That was @TeamTrump not @RealDonaldTrump as first reported).

The call, its coming from inside the house!

A false report claiming five Ukrainians had died after taking an American-made coronavirus vaccine spread in just a matter of days from a small Kremlin-friendly website to an audience of thousands in U.S.-based Facebook groups.

Russian media outlets picked up the claim, and soon social media users in the U.S. were sharing screenshots and links to those articles — all as 30,000 Americans were preparing to roll up their sleeves for shots of an experimental COVID-19 vaccine late last month.

The fast dissemination of a single report from an obscure Ukrainian website to crowds of Facebook users highlights the ease with which pro-Russian websites can feed misinformation into American internet circles. In fact, one of the websites that picked up the report was identified by the U.S. State Department this week as being part of a network of proxy misinformation websites being used by the Russian government.

I’m curious, and this poll may not mean much, but for readers of this thread:

• I am still on Facebook
  • I have left Facebook
  • I was never on Facebook

0 voters

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16011/mandatory-socialization-facebook-accounts-to-be-required-for-oculus-headsets

Good to know!