Social media controls the world

None of the problems of Trump’s presidency has anything to do with Twitter’s TOS.

So if Hitler had Twitter at his disposal, the position would be, let him use it as a means to distribute propaganda, not a problem for a private company?

Once we declared war on another country, we could take different steps. Unless we have a civil war, we are not (yet) at war with ourselves.

Well we were a little late to the game in terms of actually declaring war. I guess we could had Nazis propaganda flying around freely for a few years… which may have led to no declaration of war all. It definitely would not have helped war efforts.

I know I’m picking an extreme scenario here, but the hard questions are, by definition, never easy.

Random aside; I found it interesting that Discord was one of the few services available for people in Iran during the recent “troubles”

Yes. And everyone else has the right to call it bullshit and distribute the truth.

To be clear, I think Twitter should enforce its general TOS, including around threats of violence, against government officials, whether Trump or Hitler or anyone else. I just don’t think they should or would have a TOS against announcing government policy.

This is more a question of fucked up US foreign policy, of course. So we have this problem where world leaders can’t tell if Trump’s tweets are official policy and hence, they don’t know how to act. That’s potentially a very dangerous situation. I suppose there’s nothing Twitter can do, short of banning Trump, to tell those world leaders, “What you see here is not official US policy. Please go to such and such page for official positions on these issues.”

Maybe not a shooting war. Not yet. But certainly a conflict with clear lines drawn.

I mean, it’s not Twitter’s job, nor should it be in my opinion, to tell people what is and isn’t US policy. That’s for policymakers to do, in the ways they determine acceptable. It is Twitter’s job, or should be, to prevent people making threats of violence (and other harrassment, for that matter).

Snapchat user numbers leaked..

Edited to avoid alarmist interpretation.

Agreed. Twitter should only attempt individuals or groups from making threats against other individuals or groups. Twitter shouldn’t be responsible for the sanity of the US President.

Twitter shouldn’t really us Trump as a sanity marker. Trump isn’t going to say something like today marks are great day in the human race and then gas a million people and maybe post some pictures for fun of his results. He’s still in a democratic country, and doesn’t really have that power… others do.

Based on what I’m hearing, we’re supposed to be fine with them using Twitter as their front for those kinds of acts. I’m not really sure I am okay with that.

Ha ha. I saw those Taco Bell commercials last night during the football game and was amused by them. Of course wingnuts will be alarmed!

https://twitter.com/McLeemz/status/950704982050922496

I don’t understand anything about that tweet, what it is for, the context, who it was written to, its intent … to me it is gibberish?

I don’t know anything about SQL, but I think what ShivaX is saying is that here is a bot skinjob that is searching for a rhyme for orange, beep borp.

Yeah, but the original tweet with the fake sql is clearly a joke in the first place. So…ouroboros?