Social media controls the world

anonymity brings out the vultures as always. Good on this girl. What’s especially angering is if you read one of the comments the guy is telling her that her accomplishment means nothing, she was destined to only be a housewife blah blah.

Skim reading this, it baffles me that they’d have let what they must have known were foreign agencies carry on their advertising, but they’re banning crypto currency advertising?

Priorities much?

How about banning political advertising first?

LOL. “Efforts to promote crypto-currencies are often misleading and created in bad faith”. Seriously Facebook? As if that exact statement somehow doesn’t apply to far more lucrative political advertising and content. We must protect the world from BitCoins, but it’s cool if foreign interests want to meddle in democratic elections.

Yeah that was my reaction.

I almost wonder if there isn’t someone who tells them how things like this will sound…or if it’s a calculated risk/accepted damage.

And why crypto currency?

I mean it’s a financial bubble but imho pretty harmless. Or maybe it’s because it’s not something enshrined yet, like free speech etc, or doesn’t have any big backers to protect it.

I’m sure the political ad machine people have safeguards to stop FB shutting them down, even if it’s just the threat of lost revenue, which must be huge.

So crypto = easy target?

I’m really teetering on deleting Facebook. I can’t see anything positive coming from it anymore. But, I also don’t want to be totally disconnected from shit that’s happening, even if that shit is terrible. Like, I want to know what terrible bullshit is being pushed in social media.

I’m horrified for my kids to grow up in the age of social media. What a fucking nightmare. Some prick with a phone can bully you, take a video of it, and it lives forever online. How many stories like this are there? I read one today of some girl with a skin condition getting her wig pulled off, she ran to the bathroom crying, and the bully followed her filming and taunting then posted it on Snapchat for the whole school to see.

Nobody on the crypto team is in a position to “suggest” to Facebook what to do.

Awesome reply, but not real. The real Fishburne does not have a Twitter account, it seems.

Crazy chick replies, however, are.

What the hell is wrong with you? You would never out the fact that a white celebrity didn’t have a Twitter account. How dare you!

You’re right! Because I have such antipathy towards celebrity ‘gossip’ that I don’t give two shits whether any celebrity used social media or not.

So what family show is he on? I am not seeing it, and didn’t know he was doing television since he’s in a lot of movies that are not family appropriate at all. Next up, oh my god, you Samuel L Jackson swears!?

Black-ish. Funny show, btw.

I can’t stand that show actually, but I didn’t know he was in it either. HULU tried to get me watch it pretty much every time I start the App. I really like him though.

He’s pretty good in it (plays the grandpa), but I hear you.

To be clear, I recognize the show as just a type of comedy I don’t care for, not that it’s bad or anything. Because I watch Fresh off the Boat, it just thinks I like that too and maybe a few other reasons. I am not fond of the main actor’s style.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/youtube-to-label-state-funded-broadcasters-in-drive-against-misinformation-1517567403

Great, maybe they can also find a way to stop fucking nonsense like Astrology, Metaphysics, and Intelligent Design videos from showing up in Science, Astronomy, Cosmology, and Physics searches.

I just wish YT (or my phone app) would separate “science” from “technology” categories, because most of the latter are shitty “reviews” trying to get you to buy products.

Somewhat related…