Social media controls the world

You’d be less smiley if you knew what SlavASlav69248150 was saying about you on Twitter, @Ginger_Yellow

Funny how none of the big liberal mouthpieces on Twitter are complaining about suddenly losing hundreds or thousands of followers. Hmmm…

Given that the majority of the accounts suspended were either traced back to Russia or traced to other locations (including the US) where multiple accounts were being run by the same entity, you would think Conservatives would be less vocal and more ashamed. They’re literally complaining that they’ve lost the support of a foreign state that is meddling with our political system. Aren’t they the ones who love to toss around the term “Treason” all the time?!

We live in an age of conspiracy. An age of fake news and crises actors and the deep state. Why should anyone believe anything they are told?

That was sarcasm by the way.

They don’t accept the fact that Russia was involved. When you’re immune to facts, anything is possible. It’s like a terrible, contagious superpower.

The_Donald on reddit are openly running hate and doxing campaigns against the survivors of the Florida school shooting and no one seems to be doing anything about it. Reddits business plan seems to have quietly switched to settling for nazi click revenue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AgainstHateSubreddits/

That sub and every account that posted to it needs to be banned

"This article about Facebook’s auction system, which Brad Parscale just endorsed, says that Facebook systematically charged the Clinton campaign more for ad space than the Trump campaign because Clinton’s ads were less “provocative.” "

Oh good. The bigger ass you are on Facebook, and the more minority groups you target so you can get more clicks and shares Facebook encourages… would could possibly be wrong with that. /s

I understand why a network like Facebook would use such a system. It makes sense.

The flaw lies not in Facebook, but in the fact that its users are fucking RETARDED, and will click on the stupidest fucking shit imaginable.

I know this because of one crazy trick. Advertisers hate me!

People have always been idiots, and there have always been con-men ready to take advantage of them. The difference is that the con-men now include state actors, and social media gives them increased access to the idiots.

Perhaps people will get smarter, or at least more skeptical. But confirmation bias isn’t something likely to go away completely. The efficiency of the tools bad guys can use to exploit it absolutely must be an issue.

Well, this shouldn’t surprise any of you assholes

These are fantastic

today

Face Recognition
Introducing Face Recognition For More Features
Hi [sillhouette], we’re always working to make Facebook better, so we’re adding more ways to use face recognition besides just suggesting tags. For example, face recognition technology can do things like:

• Find photos you’re in but haven’t been tagged
• Help protect you from strangers using your photo
• Tell people with visual impairments who’s in your photo or video

You control face recognition. This setting is off, but you can turn it on any time, which applies to features we may add later.

-The Facebook Team
Go to Settings … … … Learn More

I turned that shit right off.

This would be the only reason I would consider turning this on, but so far no-one in my circle has this need. If they do though… probably would do it.

This supports the “wingnut amplification” theory, where the loudest and craziest and most obsessive people have the deepest impact on social media.

Outrage appears to feed some basic human need. We seem to have an unending appetite for it.

Not really that different than “if it bleeds, it leads”… except now we have 24/7 bleeding in our pockets at all waking moments of life.

I thought it was “If it bleeds, we can kill it…”?

:)