Social media controls the world

Looks like maybe we can, if we eliminate that 1% of Twitter accounts…

“Get to the choppa!”

If you aggressively ban those 0.1% of accounts, I bet the fake news shared by the full 1% drops off completely. The 1% are the idiots, the .1% are the malicious users.

That sounds sensible, and I hope Facebook and Twitter do get aggressive with this. It’s clear the Trump administration is happy for us to become a Russian cyber-vassal, so we’re now relying on private enterprise to save democracy.

Which is why I’m encouraging everyone to delete their accounts on Patriots Day, April 16th. Tell them you’re tired of them ignoring their responsibility to civilized discourse in favor of engagement revenue off Russian propaganda.

http://www.newswhip.com/2018/03/top-reporters-on-facebook/

Reddit has shut down the largest remaining Nazi sub, r/uncensorednews. At this rate, by the early 2020s it might even be a site you don’t have to be embarrassed about using.

“YouTube may well be operating as a giant radicalizing engine through its recommendation algorithm—leading people down a rabbit hole of misinformation, hoaxes and incendiary content.”

“So to people taking issue with the word radicalizing. What I am talking about here is radicalization through misinformation, lies and hoaxes—not radicalization in the sense of challenging power or outside of mainstream in a grounded, radical manner. That’s not the dynamic.”

Meanwhile, in Iceland, from an Icelandic MP

“I bet you say that to all the girls”

I heard they had a G-spot museum as well, but it went out of business because the vast majority of guys could never find it.

I am sure it was your grammar that got you banned.

Seemed like a reasonable banning to me.

And he would agree, were it not the repeated evidence of anti semitic, or other racist threats not getting the user banned.

Yeah this is a problem. Facebook is not consistent.

No doubt, though I do wonder how many of them were openly calling for getting together and murdering people?

Facebook has banned Cambridge Analytica.

Cambridge Analytica is the big data firm run by the Mercers, who supported Trump. It may be implicated in Russiagate (Mueller subpoenaed documents from them in December.)

Yeah but desultory in an “announce the news late friday so it’ll get buried” way.