Social media controls the world

Two part article linked in the tweet, but the brief video succinctly explains the ease and speed that false information spreads.

Delete your Facebook account on Patriots Day, April 16th. Tell them itā€™s because theyā€™re complicit.

Iā€™m starting a movement!

Iā€™ve been thinking more and more about deleting my account. There are some things that I need to figure out to save, like my Facebook conversations with my late brother. But thatā€™s the major sticking point right now.

Yeah, Iā€™m on there until the walls come tumbling down (both job and family reasons). I wish I could dump it, but such is life.

Okay, looking into it and found this.

https://www.facebook.com/help/131112897028467

Even though Iā€™m not exactly a heavy user, it was still surprisingly kind of hard to punch that ā€˜deleteā€™ button.

Nevertheless, Facebook deleted.

If itā€™s worth doing, itā€™s worth doing today! :)

Good on you, @charmtrap.

Channel 4 is dropping the FB expose onto their Youtube channel after 3pm Eastern.

About 99% of what people like about Facebook could be accomplished with an app that leveraged encrypted messages on the open, decentralized and standardized email infrastructure for data exchange. No ads, no spying, and no monetization. Sadly, even if such a system were built and available for all platforms today, network effects would preclude anyone adopting it.

Dramatized charts trigger me. Not to say itā€™s not taking a big hit today, but:

About as much as post hoc ergo propter hoc? It seems like everyone looks at the stock marketā€™s changes for a single day (or less!), then tries to pin some ā€œcauseā€ for what are sometimes random-ish (or machine learning induced) fluctuations.

Excellent video on how easy it was and also how unvetted the process is.

But ā€¦ the hell was with the kooky music in that video? It was like listening to a pre-laugh track for a comedy or something.

Good job!

Iā€™m using my remaining days to share articles like this that prove Facebook is worth deleting. Iā€™ve probably been shadowbanned or something, but that would imply they give a shit what people post on their platform.

Iā€™m clearly a prophet for giving up Facebook 18 months ago.

All hail me!

Quick, go and post it on your timeline so people canā€¦ oh.

We lived just fine without Facebook.
Itā€™s not necessary.

The belief that itā€™s somehow required, even though we hate it? That alone should tell you that you donā€™t want any part of it.