Social media controls the world

Fuck me.

That policy seems a little dinghy.

Those who do not remember Dunkirk are doomed to repeat it.

This appears to be the proposed amendment from Tory backbenchers that the quote from the culture secretary is talking about, though it’s not clear whether the government will adopt the same language.

For years I’ve had a theory that anytime a national politician is talking about protecting children, but aren’t directly talking about health/safety standards for products or food aimed at children, they are actually trying to keep the public from noticing what their actual fuckery is about. This doesn’t disprove it.

Are young people being tempted to cross the Channel in small boats?

I see a major flaw in this legislation. Why even mention a vessel? Clearly they did not consider the channel swimmer loophole.

It’s more about giving themselves more tools to stop all the brown and foreign people boating across. Because now any news or advocacy videos about migrants on boats crossing the channel can be taken down.

Without reading any further into it, this does appear to be the case.

If true, that’s dodgy as fuck.

Also, people wanting to cross aren’t getting their info from Facebook afaik, theyre getting it from the trafficking gangs.

So stopping FB from showing boats will do…nothing to stop the problem.

But perhaps that’s not the intent.

Meanwhile in India:

Reading that sentence made me think I was having a stroke, but from the article I think it means:

Classy: Indian government amends a proposed IT law to insert an obviously conflicted idea, alongside changed gaming rules, on the last day of the consultation period

Meta just reinstated Shitgibbon’s Facebook account

He’s been banned from FB for two years. That seems like an egregious punishment for instigating an insurrection. The man has served his time and learned his lessons, it’s well past time he’s let back on!

“We’ve always believed that Americans should be able to hear from the people who want to lead the country,” Clegg told Axios. “We don’t want to stand in the way of that.”

Fuck them.

NBC News implies this is a direct consequence of the Democrats losing control of the House and Facebook not wanting to deal with the Republicans dragging them in to face questioning.

Facebook did say he could get suspended again. Of course, if the Republicans still control the House, they’ll be incentivized not to reinstate penalties.

Said the British man.

So assuming that they really do stick to those ‘guardrails’, how long before he’s suspended again?

Yeah I know. But he can’t stop talking shit.

DJT has learned his lesson and will walk the straight and narrow from now on.

Susan? Is that you?

It’s amazing to me that everyone is letting guy who tried to stage a coup and failed to… just try again.