Social media controls the world

Really? I thought it was just a Benelux thing. Well, you live and learn.

Ketchup is still more popular, but Red/White is very common indeed. And so tasty. And you heathens need to try some proper Belgian fries with homemade Mayo. Heaven. I hate all other fries.

I want to disagree, since I am half Dutch and half some national pride, but I lived too near the border to disagree.
That being said, the differences weren’t so great that I would actually drive to Belgium when I could go to a frituur in town.

God, I nice good Frituur food in the States! Trying to make Bitterballen from scratch is a chore!

It’s distilled tears of people who don’t have healthcare.

They may mean Just as in Good/Moral, as it appears to be a vegan, cruelty free sort of product.

Nothing, they just make me think of the Deep South (which is, of course, very terrible and shameful and bad, but the juleps themselves are fine)

That’s just a vegan version and awareness kind of brand. It’s fine to have like products for those with allergies and those kinds of concerns.

BBQ sauce on fries? Hate mayo?

You are a man of impeccable taste.

Oh man, if you really want to read a crazy story you should read the behind-the-scenes about JUST Mayo:

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-hampton-creek-just-mayo/

There’s a curry wurst restaurant in New York, which was founded because the owner moved to New York and said “What do you mean I can’t get curry wurst anywhere in this city?”, and immediately sought to rectify that.

In Utah, we cut to the chase and mix the two.

http://onegoodthingbyjillee.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/fry-sauce-2.jpg

ITT people with wrong opinions.

Fry sauce awesome but most places don’t have it and a few of the fast food ones that do charge for it.

This thread proves the evil effectiveness of social media I guess, also mayo. I apologize to lovers of both.

I always appreciate hearing from another person with great taste!

If you ever get a chance, the Dutch have this stuff called Curry Ketchup. Not really my thing, but the Dutch love to put that on their fries. Another subtle reminder of colonialism.

Had it when I was in Amsterdam. It was alright. Certainly better than gag fry sauce

Damn, you are all wrong :(

The correct answer for what is best on French fries is vinegar.

Vinegar

Thanks for playing and you all will receive a parting gift.

I’m guessing malt vinegar. Cool, I like it.

I heard currywurst and fries was a English invention. post WW2, a brit mixed ketchup and curry powder (from his rations) because there was a dire shortage of…well just about everything, Berlin having just been captured and all.

Wikipedia has a slightly different story.

edit: damm I miss Currywurst. there’s an Aldi or Lidl not too far form here, I shall investigate their bratwurst and make mine own curry ketchup.

That sounds like something horrible the British would come up.

Oh man, you are so very wrong. Have you even tried it? Malt vinegar on crispy fries? Amazing.