Social media controls the world

The UK’s ICO has fined Facebook over the CA situation. Only GBP 500k, but that’s the maximum fine possible under the statute applicable at the time.

@richvr did I sufficiently address your question vis-a-vis Reddit, or would you like me to provide more information?

I love how they are not “thought police”

When you type something out on reddit it ceases being a “thought”

I (along with much of the rest of the tech and legal industries, I suppose) am quite curious to see what the first major GDPR violation and penalty will be.

Reddit gonna reddit.

David-me further explains that KotakuInAction helped birth a new wave of “viral cancer” subreddits, including The_Donald, currently one of Reddit’s most controversial subreddits. David-me states that compared to The_Donald, he’s “scratching an itch, yet you are a viral cancer that is destroying the minds of millions of Reddit users each day.”

“And they allow it,” david-me wrote. “They, in fact, have to. Conflict breeds users and drives viewer counts, driving advertisers and required profits. After all, who would invest in a company that loses money? Reddit is only a small problem, but I’ll end it here. Those with power use it to create a stronger hold on that power. Human nature to be #1.”

Whats wrong with Weetabix?
Add some milk with Bananas / Berries and its a nice breakfast!

(Or are you a purist and will only accept the ORIGINAL Australien Weet-Bix as opposed to the British knock-off Weetabix?)

Speaking of reddit, in the /r/pcgaming subreddit someone posted a PC Gamer story about how Ubisoft is banning toxic and homophobic slurs during Rainbow Six gameplay. It got 1907 comments before it was locked due to the shitshow it became.

Reddit have identified Nazis/ethno-nationalists/rapists as a prime revenue stream and are protecting them. Same with Twitter etc. There’s no way senior Twitter execs havent met, been shown the figures and decided to keep the Nazis. They affirm this by giving some of them blue ticks.

http://img2.tvtome.com/i/u/52e9d5568b184f27cf369fdc65b6ebdb.jpg

Many of these hater communities started has “ironic” and then was filled with people to oblivious to understand the irony. They accidentally the whole hitler.

This weekend I watched some interesting youtube video. The author said something like “Starship Troppers is a critic of fascism, but only if you understands that is criticing it. If not, it actually defend fascism.”.

Like, “American History X” is (can be) a defense of racism. Racist just watch (and celebrate) the first half of the movie.

Irony/Sarcasm just don’t work on the internet.

Or Alanis Morissette.

Is even more confusing because some of the alt-right images are self-deprecating.

We start here

We end here

Our review of black mirror episode “Waldo” was that the premiso was ridiculous and weak.

This was before angry sad people made a 80’s B-celibrity into the PUSA.

Don’t confuse Pepe with the alt-right. They hijacked it from the guy who made it.

I am not confusing it. They choosed it over a million of other images because they see themselves in it. Part of the alt-right define themselves as “losers”.

The question is, how do Democrats woo the key incel vote in 2018?!

Sex. What else?

“Weed in every corner store, and a sex bot in every man cave!”

Mailers or texts or e-mails sent out that include every stupid tweet Trump has ever made. Who am I kidding, nobody could afford that or have the time to read that.

Daily videos of them being read by an enthusiastic Hillary… after she endorses Trump.