Social media controls the world

Hard to imagine Dorsey meeting with Trump to give him an in-person ultimatum about his tone, but one can dream.

More likely Trump wants Dorsey to either ban some people or reinstate some white supremacists.

Would be interesting to see Fox News’ coverage of Obama if he had met with the head of Twitter to whine about a bunch of his bot ‘followers’ being deleted. Very presidential.

Jack is a crypto nazi.

Sigh.

White man makes racist comment? Free speech. Black man complains about racism? Hate speech.

This is why we can’t let companies be the moral arbiters, especially social media ones. They do a shit job of it.

It probably doesn’t help there are so few minorities at those companies to actually help with whatever logic they are using to even try to accommodate the discussion of racism vs. the use of racist speech against someone.

That seems… probably true. Chalk one more up under the list of reasons why a more diverse workplace leads to better results.

There is big money in racism.

Yeah and sometimes these Social Media companies get so eager to rake in that money they forget some of that hits federal law… aka, being racist isn’t all about free speech. We learned a long time ago that asking nicely isn’t good enough

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/03/28/hud-charges-facebook-with-housing-discrimination/?utm_term=.6483af88c71e

A company like Facebook may not have many African Americans but I would bet there are tons of Indians and Indian-Americans there, if it’s anything like other Silicon Valley players. Whether that translates to an understanding of racial issues in the U.S. is another thing, of course, but these companies aren’t all white dudes either.

Despite the many issues with social media their many times I appreciate the ability of both FB and Twitter to amplify important but pretty unknown voices like Ms Pulver’s

Sorry have your tissues handy. I read it in the back of tour bus, we were in traffic and I was glad nobody was looking at me.

I would recommend not reading that thread at work, but not for the usual NSFW reasons.

Recent DJT FB ads lead to surveys. Trump: Great or Super Awesome Great?

I see Rasmussen must be doing social media surveys now.

Thoughts and prayers.

That’s like a who’s who of pieces of shit.

“I’m about to be banned," wrote Mr Yiannopoulos to his followers on Instagram. “Please sign up for my mailing list before this account disappears.”

Heh, all that’s left to him is a mailing list.