Soda

You’re at a soda machine with many choices.

But you can choose only one.

Decisions…

yeah.

You mean pop?

Hansen’s Diet Ginger Ale. It is awesome. If I can’t get that, Diet Coke.

Beer.

Seltzer, via my SodaClub machine.

I chose Diet Coke but I mean Coke Zero. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to choose Other.

I am not really sure what the difference is actually.

Diet Pepsi. Barring that Diet Pepsi Max, Diet Coke, or Coke Zero.

Tap water.

Jones.

Acesulfame potassium.

Mmm…acesulfame potassium.

As for the poll I voted Other - (Fresca)

Fresca also uses acesulfame potassium.

Mmm…acesulfame potassium.

In addition to using an artificial sweetener, Diet Coke has a fundamentally different formulation from regular Coke. Coke Zero uses a formulation identical (or at least much closer) to Coke, but with an artificial sweetener. I’m a big Coke Zero fan, though I’ll drink a Diet Coke if it’s unavailable.

I have to say Coke, I’m from the South. I have been known to enjoy a Pepsi every now and then. Working for Coca-Cola paid a lot of my college tuition. I don’t do well with my religious upbringing, but I would never turn my back on Coke, that is serious business around here.

http://www.chattanoogacocacola.com/history.asp

Me at a restaurant:

Waitress: What’ll ya have to drink?

ME: Coke

Waitress: Pepsi OK?

ME: Ugh no, I’ll take a sweet tea.

I’ll take the Pepsi, but I always say it with a disappointed tone of voice. Among my other Southern street cred failures is a distaste for sweet tea. And grits. God, grits are awful.

I’ve been hooked on Dr. Pepper since I was a kid - at some point I migrated to Diet Dr. Pepper.

When I’m in a restaurant though, I usually go for Diet Coke, even when Diet Dr. Pepper is available - I guess I associate Diet Coke with eating out and Diet Dr. Pepper is what I drink at home or in the car.

I spent most of a year in Germany when I was 17, and one of the tastes I acquired was orange-cola. IIRC, in Germany you could get this pre-packaged (in a can or whatever), but it’s easy enough to make yourself - 1 part orange juice to 2 or 3 parts Diet Coke.

I’m all about the Zero these days.

Coca Cola Zero FTW.

Don’t like grits either, but the sweeter the tea the better. BBQ places and Milo’s FtW!!!

Am I at work? Diet Mt Dew.

Am I at lunch? Diluted kool-aid or lemonade.

Diet coke.

And when asked if a Pepsi is alright, I straight out say no, but then begrudgingly accept a regular Pepsi. Diet pepsi should be taken out behind the shed and shot.