Solasta: Crown of the Magister (Turn-Based Fifth Ed.)

Wow, that is pretty identical to me. Not sure she was a retired teacher but yes to rest including being English and a Godfathers Pizza across the street. 80’s were Rad.

Damn, Godfather’s brings back memories. That was our go-to pizza place in Atlanta, which was not in that time period (late seventies/early eighties) blessed with a lot of local pizzerias.

Yep I lived in Marietta so northern suburbs. They had the worst bar table arcade games in there. Well Gorf was decent but Journey was trash. Still played the hell outta it. Putt Putt had a solid little arcade though a couple blocks away so we’d pizza and root beer up and head there. Good times!

My sister still lives in Marietta (mother and brother over in Roswell). Haven’t been back in ages though.

Moved back when I had a kid. I live right between them, Best schools in Georgia:).

So does anyone understand the rules for the Thief being able to use scrolls? I’ve been enjoying the Thief subclass a lot, with the ability to get a sneak attack in and use a fireball or other scroll in the same turn. Using the inventory action to switch to whatever scroll fits the situation and then fast hands to use it.

Keeping up a supply of scrolls is a bit challenging, though, due to a combination of lack of recipes, ingredients, my faction choices, and the fact that I went with a sorcerer and the spells I do have recipes for I didn’t learn other than magic missile. I’ve been planning another run with a loremaster to try and feed me scrolls.

Trying to google up answers seems hopeless; almost everything I find says they can’t or shouldn’t be able to do it, but they definitely can. I’m not sure if it’s because I chose high elf, or because the people who think they can’t didn’t pump intelligence as high as I did, or something else.

I’m also curious if I pump wisdom instead of intelligence would I be able to use clerical and/or druidic scrolls? I definitely can’t on the current character, but their wisdom is only 8. If that worked, I might plan something with just enough wisdom and intelligence to use even more scrolls.

High Elves do come with some arcane casting using Int. Wisdom would not work the same. Nature and Divine spells would also be ruled out, I assume.

Moved out in 1997, have had zero interest in ever going back. The state as a whole still has some great folks in it, but far too much of it has become a cesspit of Social Darwinist Christian fascism.

Wait, is that an alignment choice in Solasta? I picked up the game on Game Pass to try it out, and it’s sort of odd. Kind of sterile, yet sort of compelling? No clue what I am doing really.

No alignment in Solasta. There are personality traits that you choose that sorta map to alignment, but the personality traits really only adds flavor to the conversations in the main campaigns.

It’s an interesting system but I never felt any of my characters had a consistent personality. Maybe the writers of two different areas had different takes on what something like “pragmatism” meant, or maybe there’s not all that many lines to choose from anyway – the game doesn’t let you under the hood to see why lines are being said by particular characters.

Yeah, I sort of got what they are doing, which is in effect punting on alignment, because let’s face it the standard D&D system kind of sucks for computer games.

The game itself seems to have nice mechanics, but a lot of it feels sort of unintegrated.

Since they (for some reason) spent resources on voice actors, they probably had some restrictions on variety in lines read. They should have made this entirely text-based, imo. That would have given them a lot more (and cheaper) room to move around with here.

Tried playing this multiplayer last night. The de syncing drive us nuts and we had to bail. One theory on the internet was me having a much better system than my friends was the problem, but adjusting to force 60fps on my system didn’t solve it.

That’s unfortunate. I’ve played about 12 hours with a friend so far and zero desynchs. I don’t think either of us has super fast systems though. It’s been quite fun!

I wonder if it was the 3 of us that was causing the issues. Two might minimize it, but now with 3 the problem becomes worse.

The Steam forums have a lot of people mentioning sync issues.

It couldn’t be one of you was having intermittent internet issues? That seems the most likely culprit.

It’s possible.

It’s hard to tell. The forums weren’t exactly helpful, other than “it happens”. They also patched this week so that may have introduced a bug.

I started playing MP with my son just this week. When we first started, I had the CE2 mod loaded and he was vanilla. Massive desynch problems. I reverted to vanilla and no issues since. We are very much enjoying it.

I do plan to test what happens if we both have CE2 as I really miss the functionality.

I’m surprised the game even allowed modded/unmodded to play together to begin with, but yeah I would imagine that would cause a lot of problems.

I only played a couple missions with a friend last weekend and we did get hit with a desync right up front but haven’t seen one since.

Played it with the same friends twice this week. No issues at all. Maybe one of us was just having weird internet issues that first night.