Solasta vs. Wrath of the Righteous vs. Baldur's Gate 3

Thanks for the comparison Scott. The only one I own is Solasta. I only played a little, but I think you’re spot on about the mechanics. It’s my first exposure to 5th edition D&D rules and they seem more interesting than the older stuff. Since the gameplay in these types of games is the most important aspect to me, this should be a hit - even though I actively dislike the dialog and voice acting. It makes me cringe.

I’m holding off on Baldur’s Gate 3 because I just have trouble getting into Original Sin’s over the top environmental stuff. I liked OS1 enough, but in 2 it got on my nerves more. It seems like maybe they doubled down on it. That, and things just seemed to drag in OS2 - probably because there is a lot of combat. Their characters were interesting though and I’m not ruling out trying to make some more progress on this. I don’t think I could start over and replay the first act. I think I’m early in act 2, which took around 40 hours to get here.

I enjoyed the first Pathfinder game enough even though I didn’t finish. I am much more likely to go back to this one and pick up where I left off. There were some turn offs in this one, like how goofy some of the numbers get - I forget what it was, crazy armor classes? The early part of this game was really good and got a little less so later on. I want to go back and finish using the turn based mode.