Solasta vs. Wrath of the Righteous vs. Baldur's Gate 3

I mean… yeah. That’s fair. I can’t really argue, though myself the voice work itself seemed fine, it was more that the “lines of dialog based on character tags such as “Cruel” don’t always fit as a reply with what was just said” for me.

This is one area that I didn’t have a problem from the latest build (the one they recently dropped that introduced the Druid class) - it was a problem with the first time I played, but I didn’t run into that stuff at all this time. Now, that said, I didn’t hit level 4 yet with spells like Acid Arrow that were offenders last time, but my cantrips at least weren’t creating pools of fire or ice on the ground this time. I really hope/believe that as BG3 continues to develop, it will feel less and like Original Sin 2. In a good way, I should add, as I do like Original Sin 2 (I just don’t want that particular peanut butter in my D&D chocolate, so to speak).

That’s what I was hinting at - in Pathfinder in the end game (even the mid-game) all the numbers clime to levels that crest past nonsense and approach laughable. Armor class in the mid-30s? Probably still going to get hit more often than not. Attack roll only +18? Don’t even bother showing up with a melee weapon, you fool. It’s just nonsense what CAN be done with all the synergy and min-maxing, and the issue with Owl Cat is they seem to design encounters around players breaking the system, so they break it themselves first, and then folks like come along with like a Human Sorcerer and suddenly an enemy Barbarian type is shrugging off my best spells because I’m bad at min-maxing. The numbers get to be a bit much - I really like how 5th edition addresses that in a dozen small ways.